Chapter 18; Settled

I froze the choice was finally mine, Jackson was soaked in his own blood and Xidan was covered in his own blood.

It was an even fight I had to brake up. The only thing keeping them from killing each other was my arms.

"No more deaths today!" I cried. "I've witnessed too many today!"

Jackson took a threatening step towards Xidan however I mirrored him.

"I will not let you fight!" I yelled at him.

He pulled his lip up showing his blood stained canines.

I masked my fear with rage like the old lady.

"I said no more deaths." I seethed.

Xidan didn't try to challenge me but, instead he eyeballed Jackson. Watching his every action towards me.

Jackson had given enough warnings, this was the fight he has been fighting to do. He took his faster speed to his advantage and faked me out, I tried to mirror him but it resulted in falling to the dirt.

They continued on with their fight as if I hadn't tried to stop them.

"Stop it you two!" I shouted over the growls.

Tears streamed down my face. I didn't want either of them to die.

My body shook of fear as I watch each brother bite the others neck.

Houses burned down behind me, everything was falling apart. My mother... Put me through more pain than she ever thought. Little did she know she sold me off to my doom.

These brothers will always pull at my heart, Xidan is my mate but like the old lady said. I never got the change to really see what is between us.

The screams behind me snapped me out of myself pity which I shouldn't be doing, I don't do self pity.

I mentally scolded myself.

"Phoenix!" A young voice scream out to me.

"Izzy?!" I yelled back.

She came running at me with blood soaked into her floral dress.

A wolf rounded the corner and ran at us with it's eyes locked on Izzy.

"Where is your father?" I questioned her as she ran into my open arms.

"I couldn't... Find him." She cried into my shirt.

"Izzy you have to get out of here."

Noway can I fight a wolf nor out run one. Their senses are twice mine. But, I'll stand in its way to Izzy at all costs... Even my life.

"I'm trying to be strong." She muttered wiping her tears away.

I smiled at her with the best smile I could possibly muster up. "And you're doing great."

I pointed to the woods.
Noway am I allowing anything to touch this girl.

"Run and never look back." I told her. "I'll be ok, don't worry about me."

She looked up weary." I hope to see you again."

"Me too."

She ran off past Xidan and Jackson's tussling, to the woods where I instructed.

The wolf stood in front of me, not growling nor baring it's teeth.

"She's a little girl!" I bellowed down at the wolf. "Is there any boundaries to Jackson's killing sprees?"