Chapter 33 - All is revealed.

Start from the beginning

None of them spoke as the light faded completely, the levitation broke and they all fell to the floor.

“Come, my dears,” a soft whisper echoed from deep down in the tunnel.

“Yeah ok,” Jay replied sarcastically, lifting himself to his feet.

“Eh I think we are anyway, there’s no other way to go.” Hollie pointed out.

“We can break through that,” Jordan told.

“I don’t think you can,” the whisper called.

“Oh yeah we can. Alovium.” Jordan turned, shooting a control spell at the heap of rubble. The spell rebounded off the rubble as if it was a mirror and shot straight back at him.

Jordan dodged it and the spell shot through the dimly lit tunnel.

“Maybe we can’t,” Hollie muttered.

“Right I say we go that way.” Jordan ignored Hollie’s comment and strode off.

“Ok Jord,” Jay laughed and followed him, then remembered Hollie’s condition and turned to help.

“It’s alright. I think it’s fixed, somehow?” Hollie wondered to herself, looking down at her legs and shaking them around as if to check they were still in tact.

Jay shrugged and lazily dragged his feet, following Jordan.

The tunnel gradually got bigger as they walked. The floating fires that lines the path, becoming more frequent, and lighting the hallway up more and more. They walked slowly in silence, scanning the walls and floor for anything that could be of threat.

A few minutes walk into the tunnel, and it was completely lit, showing some unusual things to say the least.

Things like flowers of gold, pools of swirling pink water, stalactites that swayed left and right in unison, frozen statues of silver bats and…

“Ah!!” Claire screamed.

Jay jumped and turned to see what had happened. A floating fire emerged from a wall and revealed something that changed colour and shape, from a dragon to a spooky tree.

“Claire there’s bars, it can’t get out,” Hollie comforted, pulling her away.

This room felt extremely eerie, every breath and step could be heard and the strange ornamental creatures made it look like a scene the belonged in some witch’s castle.

“Where are we?” Jay questioned.

“If I knew I’d tell you,” Jordan replied.

“You’re near,” the voice whispered again.