Chapter 25

Here you go! The final chapter! It's done! It's over! And I hope you have enjoyed it!

***

“Kat, will you marry me?” I asked, hoping for a yes.

She nervously turned and looked at the other people in the restaurant watching us before turning back to me.

***

Kat’s POV:

“Kat,” Zach repeated nervously, “Will you marry me?”

My face broke out into a grin and I nodded quickly at him, “Yes. Of course I’ll marry you!”

Zach slid the ring on my finger and I leaned down to kiss him passionately. The other people in the restaurant cheered around us. We smiled at each other and Zach stood up and took my hands in his.

“I love you,” he sighed happily.

“I love you too,” I smiled.

“Did you want to stay for dessert?” Zach asked.

I shook my head, “Do you think we could get the cake to-go so we can go and tell the others the good news?”

“Yes definitely!” he pulled me up to my feet to hug me, “Let’s go.”

We both went up to the counter and asked for our cake to-go and I put the box with the slice of cake in my handbag. The two of us couldn’t stop smiling the whole way back to the hotel.

“They’ll probably all be hanging out in Trent and Will’s room,” I stated as we stepped out of the elevator on our floor.

We kept our hands entwined as Zach knocked on their hotel room door. Jayden opened it and let us in. They had ordered some Chinese take-away for dinner and the boxes were scattered around on the bedside tables and desk.

“Hey, we thought we’d come and join the party,” Zach smiled and pulled me over to sit on one of the beds next to him.

“WHAT IS THAT?!” Ruby yelled.

“What?” El asked.

“THAT!!!” Ruby pointed at my left hand and everyone gasped.

“Are you two…” Jayden started.

“We’re getting married,” I finished for him.

“Congratulations!” Ruby jumped up from her seat on the floor to hug me.

“Thanks,” I smiled back.

Everyone congratulated and hugged Zach and I, and Trent ran downstairs to grab a bottle of wine so that we could all do a toast.

“To Zach and Kat,” everyone cheered.

“Thanks guys,” Zach grinned.

“Oh guys, I am not the father of Amber’s baby,” Will announced.

After a few hours of celebrating all of the good news, we all returned to our own hotel rooms to get some sleep before the concert the next night.

“I’m so glad I get to spend the rest of my life with you,” Zach told me as we got into bed.

“Me too,” I replied, smiling.

***

Ruby’s POV:

“It might get pretty rough in the crowd tonight because we haven’t done a gig here in a while, so Ruby, El and Kat will be sitting in front of the barriers,” Will explained during the car ride on the way there.

It was only a short drive to the park where the gig was being held and stage and barriers had already been set up and there were already some fans starting to line up in front of the stage. We drove around to the back so that we wouldn’t be seen and could hangout backstage for a while.

It didn’t take long for a large crowd to form and it was finally time for the boys to go on stage. Someone from security lead the three of us girls down to the front of the stage so that we could watch the boys perform.

When the boys stepped out on stage the crowd starting cheering and calling out to them and the boys happily waved back to everyone.

They were amazing! Jayden kept trying to subtly keep eye contact with me during She Will Be Loved and I smiled back up at him, and I also noticed Julian trying to do the same with El.

“So guys, we’ve only got a couple of songs left,” Julian announced.

“The next song is Locked Out of Heaven which is our latest cover that we posted for all of you,” Jayden said and then turned to Jules, “And Julian and I would like to dedicate the song to our beautiful girlfriends Ruby and I.”

Jayden came to the edge of the stage and grabbed my hand to pull me up with him and Jules did the same for El.

“This is Ruby and El,” Julian gestured to the two of us, “We’ve been dating the girls for a couple of months now, and they’ve come from Adelaide to stay with us for the holidays.”

Jayden kissed me quickly on the cheek, “We just wanted to find the perfect time to announce it to all of you.”

I saw Will subtly glance at Zach and gesture towards Kat. Zach and Kat looked at each other and she nodded. Zach walked over to the edge of the stage and helped her up.

They wrapped their arms around each other and smiled out at the crowd, “We also have something to announce.”

“Is Keeda pregnant?” I heard someone in the crowd call out.

“No, I’m not pregnant,” Kat laughed.

“We’re engaged!” Zach loudly announced to everyone with a huge smile on his face.

People in the audience yelled out their congratulations to the happy couple.

“I proposed to her at dinner last night and we’re pretty excited to be spending the rest of our lives together,” Zach smiled at Kat and they shared a quick kiss.

“Now if you three lovely ladies would like to go backstage, we’ll perform our last song of the night,” Trent said, not needing to say the name of the song because everyone knew what it would be.

As Kat, El and I skipped backstage Surrender started playing loudly through the speakers and Julian started singing his part and soon the rest of The Collective had joined in.

“They really are amazing guys aren’t they,” El and I smiled, both happy that our relationships with the boys were finally public.

***

There you go, I hope you have all enjoyed reading this because I have loved writing it. :-) I'm sorry that the updates got quite inconsistent but here we are three months and over 2000 reads later and it is done. I am going to start writing something else soon and hopefully the chapters will be a bit longer and the updates will be a bit more constant. Xx

Vote & Fan & Comment.