Chapter 20

IT'S BEEN SO LONG! I'M SORRY! I've been behind as school and working and I had writer's block. But I will hopefully be writing more now that I have less shifts at work. I just need to start kind of planning my chapters out so I know what I'm writing about because I NEVER do that... Anyway here you go! Xx

***

Will’s POV:

“Hey Will,” Jayden said to me on the phone.

“Hey Jaydo, what’s up?” I asked using my free hand to pour milk into my bowl of cornflakes in the kitchen.

“Nothing much, I was just wondering if Ruby and I could hang out at your place today. Our house has been full of people lately and Mum and Dad just want everyone out for a day. Is that okay?”

I nodded to myself and replied, “Yeah that’s cool mate, Amber might be here though. What about Jules and El?”

“Jules is taking her out on a date,” Jayden said.

“Ah okay, I’ll see you soon then.” I hung up the phone and sat down in the lounge to eat my cereal and see what was on TV.

“Thanks for letting us chill here today,” Ruby said as she collapsed onto the sofa between Jayden and I when they came over an hour later.

“No worries, just keep the place tidy if I go out,” I laughed in reply.

“We will,” Ruby sung taking the remote from my lap and changing the channel to some show called Pretty Little Liars, “Yay, there’s a marathon on!”

“Do we have to watch it?” Jayden groaned.

“Yes we do,” she replied, moving the remote to the coffee table so it was far out of our reach.

“I’m going to go get dressed, Amber is coming over soon,” I said standing up and taking my bowl to the kitchen to wash it.

I went to my room to get dressed and when I returned to lounge room to see Jayden lying on Ruby’s lap looking very interest in the TV show he was reluctant to watch earlier, the doorbell rang.

Jayden looked up at the door and then at me.

“That’ll be Amber,” I smiled.

I ran to the door to open it for her and she stood there dressed in leggings and a jumper.

“Hey Will,” she smiled and leaned up to give me a kiss on the cheek.

“Hi babe, come on in. Ruby and Jayden are here,” I moved out of her way to let her in.

Her smiled seemed to falter a bit at the mention of Ruby’s name, “Thanks.”

“Hey guys,” she smiled at the two on the sofa when she walked in.

“Hey Amber,” they replied in sync before turning their attention back to the TV.

“So, I was thinking we should go to the doctors today just to check that everything’s okay so far.” I told Amber as I poured us both a glass of orange juice.

She sighed, “I’m tired and I feel sick and I just really don’t want to go out today. Can’t we just stay here and relax?”

“I just think we should go and get you checked out,” I explained.

“Can we go next week or something when I’m feeling better?” she asked stubbornly.

“Or we could just go now and get it over with,” I replied.

“Will,” she said, “I don’t want to go. If you’re going to push this, I’m leaving now and going home.”

I didn’t say anything.

“I’m going. I’ll talk to you later,” she stated.

“Are you okay Amber?” I asked concerned.

“I told you. I just want to relax and hang out today.”

“Fine you can leave, but we are going to go and see a doctor soon.” I replied and watched her leave.

I sighed and walked to the lounge room knowing that Ruby and Jayden would have heard what happened. Ruby shot Jayden a worried look when they saw me.

“You okay mate?” Jayden asked, sitting up and patting the space next to him, motioning for me to sit down.

“Yeah,” I sat down next to him and Ruby muted the TV, “I know she only just found out she’s pregnant but I still want to make sure Amber and the baby are healthy.”

Jayden nodded understandingly and turned to Ruby who looked sad.

“Will, I need to tell you something…” Ruby said seriously.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, her tone making we worried.

“When we all stayed over her a couple of nights ago, I got up early and overheard her on the phone to someone,” she paused.

“About what?”

“She was talking about you and how the rumours about how nice you were true and she’s with you for the fame. I’m sorry,” she sighed, “I don’t know if she’s actually pregnant or if it’s just a way to make sure you stay with her.”

I stared blankly at Ruby and then to Jayden who just stared back waiting for my reaction.

“But she just seemed so genuine,” I leaned down and put my head in my hands. “I’ve spent this time panicking about her having a baby, and now it might turn out that it’s not even true.”

“I know, but we just didn’t want you to be lead on by her,” Jayden replied and put an arm around my shoulders to comfort me.

“Does Amber know that you know?” I asked Ruby and Jayden.

“She doesn’t know that Ruby told me, but she threatened Ruby.” Jayden explained.

“What?!” I exclaimed, “What did she say?”

“She just said she’d ruin me but I don’t care about that. I’m just worried that it will result in the reputation of you and the boys being wrecked because I’m associated with you.” Ruby said.

“None of us are going to let her do anything,” Jayden stated.

“She can’t touch you with all of us here, you’ve become like a little sister to us,” I smiled.

“I’m not that little,” she laughed weakly and then questioned, “What are you going to do about Amber?”

I thought for a moment, “I’m just going to confront her about it and try and get her to admit she’s faking. And then I’ll break up with her.”

Ruby nodded, “Again, I’m really sorry she’s using you. You deserve a lot better.”

“Damn right, I do!” I stood up from the sofa, “You two enjoy yourselves while I go and see Amber.”

***

So, to give myself more motivation and to know that I'm not just writing for nothing, I will write/post the next chapter if I get 3 votes on this one. Oh, and some comments and feedback or ideas would be lovely. Thank you muchly.

Vote & Comment & Follow. Xx