Chapter 23

Only got 3 votes on the last chapter, but I thought it had been a while and I have just finished writing this chapter, so I posted it. 5 votes on this would be amazing!

***

Jayden’s POV:

After having my brothers and sister home for the last couple of days with Ruby, El, Julian and I, is was nice for Ruby and I to have the house to ourselves again. Mum and Dad were at work and my siblings were visiting our Grandma, and I didn’t even know what Jules and El were up to.

Ruby, wearing just one of my shirts even though it was 12 in the afternoon, cranked up the radio and danced around the house to the music while I sat on the couch on my laptop, still in my pyjamas, and watching her make a fool of herself.

“Jayden, come and dance with me,” Ruby grabbed my hands when an upbeat song came on the radio.

She pulled me up and I reluctantly started ballroom dancing around the house with her, laughing at how out of time we both were.

“Wow, we really suck at this,” I laughed.

“We should go to dance classes at the gym with Kat,” Ruby replied.

“Well we’ve got no plans for today, so do you want to go?” I asked.

“Yep, sounds like a plan,” she smiled and then looked down at her bare legs, “I probably should put some pants on though.”

“You should, while I have no problem with it here, I don’t want other guys looking at your legs.”

She laughed as we walked down the hallway to my room to get ready.

“I’ll ring and ask Kat what time she’s going,” Ruby said after she got dressed into some gym gear and a pair of heels for dancing in.

Ruby grabbed her phone off the bed and went into the lounge to call Kat. She returned quickly to tell me that the class started in half an hour and Trent would be there too.

“Why’s Trent going?” I asked curiously.

She shrugged, “She just said that he’s her dance partner now.”

“They seem to be getting a lot closer lately,” I pointed out.

“Yeah, Zach doesn’t seem to be around much. I hope those two are okay.”

Trent’s POV:

“Hey Kat,” I smiled and hugged her when I met her at the gym for another dance class.

“Hi Trent,” she hugged me back. “Jayden and Ruby are joining us today.”

“Jaydo wants to dance?” I laughed, wondering why he would want to be there and then realised it was probably Ruby’s idea.

“Well, you’re here wanting to dance. I see no difference,” Kat stated.

“I’m here to spend some time with one of my best friends, Jayden’s just whipped,” I smirked.

Kat laughed in response but contained herself when we saw Jayden and Ruby walking hand-in-hand into the gym.

Ruby waved when she saw us and they made their way over. We all quickly greeted each other before going into the dance studio.

When class had started, I watched Jayden and Ruby trying to keep up and learn the dances that Kat and I learnt last time while we danced gracefully around the room.

“Good to see you didn’t fall and I didn’t have to save your life again this time,” I joked with Kat afterwards.

“Yeah, and I can’t afford to get any injuries before we film my music video if you didn’t catch me,” she replied.