Chapter 3: Rowen

Romeo sat at a table in the guild hall with his father, Cana, and Wakaba.

"This little guy has a girlfriend." Cana grinned chugging down a barrel of saké.

"Wha? I do not!" Romeo turned red. "We're just friends!"

"Who is it?" Macao asked, even though he already knew.

"It's Wendy Marvell." Cana smiled.

"Our little boy is growing up!" Wakaba smiled as he puffed some smoke from his pipe.

Romeo got up from the table and walked away.

"Where you going son?"

"He's going to find Wendy."

Romeo closed his eyes, placed his hands into his pockets and walked out of the guild.

He sighed. Why do they have to embarrass me? He thought. Wendy and I are only friends.

He walked along the river staring at the ground when he bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry." He looked up to see a blue haired girl sitting on the ground. "Wendy?" He helped her up.

"Hey Romeo. I'm sorry I wasn't looking where I was going."

"It's okay. It's my fault. I wasn't paying attention. I'm sorry."

The two smiled at each other for a moment which seemed to last a life time.

"What are you doing Romeo?" Wendy asked twirling her hair and gazing into his brown eyes.

Romeo sweat dropped a bit feeling uneasy. "I was trying to get some fresh air. But mainly trying to be away from Father, Cana, and Wakaba. They mean well, but they embarrass me."

"I see. Do you want me to leave you then?"

"No. You can stay.... if you want to." Romeo rubbed the back of his head. Something seemed different about Wendy and he wanted to find out what.

"Awesome. Do you want to play at the park? I'll race you!" Wendy smiled.

"Sure." They got into their starting positions.

"3"

"2"

"1"

"Go!"

The two raced to the park hoping to beat the other and claim victory.

* * *

Wendy got to the park first and hid behind a tree waiting for Romeo.

Romeo arrived soon after and looked around; not seeing Wendy he claimed victory. "Alright! I won!" He shouted with joy.

"Nope! I won you!" Wendy jumps out from behind the tree and tackled Romeo.

"Ahh!" Romeo exclaimed as the two tumbled down a small hill together. By the end, Romeo was on top of Wendy.

Romeo turned red as did Wendy,

"I'm sorry." Romeo got up and helped Wendy up too. "It's a good thing my father or Cana didn't see this. They'd exaggerate it!"

Wendy smiled and looked at Romeo. "Yeah..." She began to zone out while staring at his eyes and curling her hair again.

"Wendy? Wendy!" Romeo tried to snap Wendy out of her trance; but was unsuccessful.

"Let's play tag. I'm it, you run."

"Okay...."

"1" Romeo looked at Wendy as she closed her eyes.

"2" A strange aura surrounded the two.

"3" Romeo slowly backed up.

"4" Wendy began to change.

"5" Wendy slowly turned towards Romeo. Her eyes were red and demonic like, she had dragon scales along her cheeks, and streaks of her hair were black.

"10!" Romeo ran as fast as he could with Wendy chasing him. He was terrified.

Moments later, Romeo began to run out of breath and gradually slowed down. He looked around feeling relived somewhat with no Wendy in sight. "I'm free...." He breathed.

"No you're not," Wendy jumped out and grabbed her prey. "I win." She turned him around and knocked him out so that she could take him to the Den.

The last thing Romeo saw was the new twisted and evil looking version of Wendy Marvell before he blacked out.