Ch. 12

“Jess.”

“What.”

“Think you could get up?”

“No.”

“Please?”

I sighed and sat up in a flash in my bed. “What Sam?”

“Just bored.”

I threw my arms up and fell backwards onto the bed. “Really Sam? Today is the day I can sleep in because I don’t have to go visit that bitch and you’re waking me up early?”

Sam fidgeted in his seat before sending me a sheepish grin. “Sorry…I’m just bored.”

“Why don’t you go help your dad then?” I shot.

I wasn’t trying to be rude to him, but I was sort of looking forward to sleeping in today. Also, I was looking forward to not having to go visit Sage. I could barely stand a weekly session with her and now these daily ones are killing me.

Literally.

“Wanna go eat?” Sam asked.

“Not hungry.”

He sighed.

“Want to go… I dunno. What do you do?” He asked.

I chuckled, but very humorlessly, and sat up again. I ran my hands through the birds’ nest I call my hair and looked at him.

“What do I do?” Well I eat, go see Sage, and sleep. My favorite is sleeping. It’s like death, but without the commitment.”

Sam’s bottom lip stuck out a bit and I noticed a small pout. I rolled my eyes and lay back down.

“We could go help my dad, like you too.”

I tensed, from shock, and rolled over to face him. “Is that allowed?”

“It doesn’t say anywhere that you can’t, and I’ll be there watching you.”

I propped myself up and looked at him.

“Seriously?”

He nodded and grinned.

“Okay, let’s do this then,” I told him as I got out of bed.

“Make sure to wear a dark shirt. You don’t want anything to spill on you and it be noticeable,” he informed me as he headed out of my room.

“Oh yes because I’ll be seeing so many people today who I need to look nice for.”

He chuckled and exited my room.

I slid over lazily towards my dressed and pulled out my clothes. I hadn’t noticed until after I was changed that I was wearing my grey sweats and dark green shirt, the shirt I wore after meeting Niall.

If I had any faith left in me, it’s all for Niall now.

I quickly pulled my hair, which needed to be dyed again, up into a bun and slipped my feet in my Toms and headed out to the hallway. Sam was by my door, grinning and waiting for me.

“Ready?” He asked.

I nodded and started walking towards the lift. Sam got in front of me in a flash and scanned his card. The doors dinged open before we both got on.

“Since breakfast is already being served we’ll probably help out with lunch,” Sam told me.

I nodded again and crossed my arms.

“And we’ll be helping my dad make tacos and rice.”

I licked my lips as we stopped and the doors dinged open.  I was beyond starving now that I thought about it.