Chapter 17

"Well done!" Andy praised as I dodged his fist. I then hit his stomach, earning a pained moan from him. He hit me across my jaw, flinging me to the ground.

"When you get back up, try using your fangs!" Andy said.

I leapt up and bit into his right shoulder. He yelled and head-butted me. I fell flat on the ground and silently wished for fire to surround Andy with a ring of flames. I heard the sound of spitting fire and smirked. I got up and saw Andy staring at the blazing circle around his feet. The fire was licking his shoes and jeans, daring him to try and escape.

"What the hell?" He exclaimed. He hesitantly picked up his foot and moved it over the flames, but they roared to life and pushed him back. Andy looked at me, his face full of confusion. "What the hell?" He repeated. After he said that, I saw his lips move without words coming out. What's he doing?

Suddenly, a sphere of rushing water surrounded me from head to toe, restricting me from moving anywhere. I screamed from shock, then started clawing at the water. It just sealed the marks with more water and hurt my arms.

"Do something I wouldn't expect!" Andy yelled faintly from the other side of the water sphere. I stopped clawing and threw a fireball at him. He dodged it with ease. "I expected that."

I growled and extended my arm towards the water. I pulled back as soon as my hand touched it. It left a hole, then it sealed up. The only way to get rid of it is to destroy the whole thing.

Turn this water into a thin cloud of steam, like the warm mist above a shower. I hope fire heard me.

I heard a hissing noise and looked down to my feet. The water was being vaporised, obviously from the invisible heat of fire. Once all of the water had turned into steam, I glared at Andy.

He looked at me, then spoke. "I was expecting you to call for fire, but I wasn't expecting you to evaporate the whole sphere. So, you're getting better, but you lack concentration during a fight. You need to think about what your opponent's expecting you to do, then think of something completely different. Next time, we work on that."

I stared at him. "You're a really serious guy, aren't you?"

He smirked. "No, no, I'm not. I just never show that side to you because I'm trying to be a good mentor."

I laughed. "Screw that! Why are you always so formal and serious? Loosen up, show me your normal side!"

"I don't know about that, I've always been your average crappy mentor around you..."

"See! You said crap! That's not formal at all! It's working!" I grinned and squealed.

He smirked. "Shaddup."

"C'mon, after all this fighting and training, we deserve some ice cream. Let's get outta here." I suggested.

"I'm in." Andy replied.

>>><<<

"RKO OUTTA NOWHERE!" Andy yelled, then surprise tackled me down.

"Get off me you idiot!" I screamed.

"NEVER!" He yelled, turning a few heads towards us in the small mall we were in. He grabbed the batman t-shirt I bought for myself, then ran off.

I sighed. I'm not sure whether I like this side of Andy better, or whether I should have kept my mouth shut and let him continue being the boring mentor he normally was.

I walked and started looking around for Andy. I searched in a few shops, then gave up and sat on a bench for a few minutes.

"Why are you out here by yourself?" A kind voice asked me.

I turned and saw a young woman sitting next to me on the seat. The only word to describe her would be...beautiful. Maybe she's a celebrity. Her thick naturally blonde hair rested just above her bum. She wore a simple layered red cotton dress. She was completely free of makeup, although she defiantly didn't need it. On one of her right fingers rested a gold ring, a large red jewel sitting on top of it. Ruby. It seemed to have something placed in the middle of the ruby. I couldn't see it where I was.

"Why are you here?" She asked me gently.

"I, um, I-I was just shopping with my friend, but then he ran off. So here I am, sitting here and taking a break from looking for him. What are you doing here, may I ask?" I swung her question back at her.

"Me? I was just strolling around, then I happened to see you sitting here all alone, and I know what such bad things can happen to people who are alone, unfortunately." She explained.

I shuddered. I don't want to be alone ever again after the many encounters with that Hook Horror. "Ok, well, I'm going to look for Andy again." I stood up.

The woman looked at me, confusion on her face, although for a split second I swear I saw a shimmer of hate. "Andy?"

"Yeah, Andy. The guy I came to the mall with." I explained.

"Huh. What's your name, child?" She asked.

"Ashlee. Ashlee Lun." I gave out a fake name. No way am I telling a stranger that my name is in fact Candice Night.

"Oh, I thought I'd met you before, but obviously not. My name's Lilith, by the way. Nice to meet you, Ashlee Lun. I do hope we meet again in the near future." Lilith extended her hand towards me. I shook it. I took that as an advantage to see her ring. The object that I saw earlier in the middle of the ruby was a...hanging rope? With a body hanging from it...
Wow, whoever made this must have taken their time...it was so detailed!

I let go of her hand and looked at her to see her staring at me. "Farewell, Ashlee Lun..."

"Um, ok, bye Lilith." I gave her a half-smile and walked off to find Andy.

Someone grabbed my arm and I yelped. "Shush, it's me, you dipshit."

I looked up and saw my blue-eyed mentor. "Let go, or I'll burn your arm off."

He kept walking, still latched onto my arm. Has he gone back to formal mentor mode again? "What the hell, Andy? What's gotten into you?" I asked him as he pulled me into an isolated part of the building.

"That person you were talking to, what did she say her name was?" He asked.

"Lilith." I answered.

His eyes went a dark shade of blue. "Lilith..." He muttered. He stared at me. "That woman is Eris' most beloved assistant. She is also Eris' sister."

Shock horror cliff hanger so you can hate me even mooore!
Vote! Comment!
Have a nice day!

Peace out trouts ❤️💕✌️