Chapter 9

Am I dead?
All around me are bright, white lights...hurting my eyes...

Wait, nope. I'm in a room...my room actually.

"My god, finally, satan has awaken."

I look to the side of my bed to find a person.

He grinned at me, "feeling sick? Headache? Nausea of any kind?"

I grumbled. "CC why are you here..."

"Because Andy, being the dickhead he is, just had to leave and put me in his place. So welcome back, Satan. Andy told me everything that happened." He waggled his eyebrows.

"Ugh, ok, so I like blood, so what? Aren't I a dead creature that lives on that stuff?"

"Yes, you are dead. No, you are defiantly not meant to like blood. Not yet, anyway."

"Ok then..." Was all I said.

"Also," CC went on, "Andy and I have been talking about you. You aren't normal, we already know that. With you liking blood so much that even an adult vampire wouldn't go that far, and your eyes glowing when you get furious."
CC shuddered when he said that.
"Vampires rarely see that behaviour in adult vamps, and they've never seen it happen to a fledgling-"

"Hold up, you're talking like this has happened before, like it's some sort of...thing that happens?" My eyes widened. "Am I dying? Again?!"

"No, no! Andy and I have seen...symptoms, if you want to call it that. While you've been out, we've arranged Ashley, our vamp who's bond is with health, to come out and take a look at you...to see if the guess Andy and I have is correct or not."

"So what is this...guess?" I asked.

"I can't tell you that."

I grumbled. "So it's you, Andy, and Ashley? Is that it?"

"Nope. There's me, Andy, Ashley, Jake, and Jinxx."

I'm not sure if I liked the name of the last one...Jinxx...isn't that what you say when something happens that you mentioned before it did? What if it's bad stuff?

"So, I heard you say Ashley has a...bond? With healing?"

CC chuckled. "Yep. When fledglings change into vampires, they can unlock one, or two at the most, talents. We call it a bond.
"Andy has a bond with air and water, and that was a surprise seeing that two bonds are extremely rare. Ashley has a bond with healing and that sort of stuff, even though he doesn't really like it. Jake has a bond with dogs, and Jinxx has a bond with nature. I have a bond with weaponry. I like the hands on stuff more."

"So what do I have a bond with?" I asked.

"Well, fledglings aren't meant to get their bonds. Andy and I have been talking about that, and it seems that mightn't be the case with you. I mean, look at your flame-coloured hair, your orange-ish eyes, and Jesus, when you get angry, your eyes are actually really scary...anyway, when you slapped Andy and I when you were pissed, it's like you burned us! It was not a normal hit. We think you already have a bond, and that's another reason we've got Ashley coming around- to see if you have a bond already. Andy and I think it may be fire."

Fire? Sweet as fuck!

"Really?! Cool!"

"Hey, don't get your hopes up, it could just be the way you changed. I mean, no fledgling has ever gained their bond. So, you probably won't."

Damn. "Ok, is that all you wanted to talk to me about?"

"Uh, just wanna add, you've been in here two days."

"Ugh, yay. Done?"

"Yep. Wait, no. Andy wanted me to ask you how you're feeling. If you have any sort of sickness? Do you feel like you're gonna pass out again?"

"No, miss CC. I'm feeling fine." I started getting up.

"Nope. Andy said no getting up until he sees you." CC pushed me back down onto my bed.

"How about you tell him to go fuck himself." I got up and started walking out the room.

"He said you'd probably say that too." He grumbled.

I chuckled, then walked downstairs towards the kitchen.

I started making a sandwich when two guys walked through the front door. One was Andy, and the other one was someone I've never seen before.

"What is she doing up?" Andy glared at CC.

"Uh...yeah...she's a little bit stubborn..." CC mumbled.

"What are you doing up?" Andy glared at me.

I glared back. "I'm sorry, can't I make a sandwich? Am I too crippled? Stop treating me like I'm so fragile, god Andy, maybe you're the one that needs to grow balls."

The guy that was standing next to Andy stifled a laugh by a cough.

"Shut up," Andy said to the guy, "Candice, meet Ashley. He's here to-"

"AH, IT'S THE DOCTOR!!!" I screamed, then ran out of the kitchen upstairs.

I fucking hate doctors.

I ran into my room and locked the door. I heard footsteps.

"Hey, uh, Candice? I'm not a doctor. I don't even like my bond, the guys call me a freaking nurse," I heard snickers, "shut the fuck up guys! Anyway, just let me in, it ain't gonna hurt. All I'm gonna do is examine you to see if you're what Andy and CC think you are."

"GO FUCK YOURSELF, NURSE!" I screamed, then quickly barged out my bedroom, hoping they won't catch me.

They didn't. Hehe. I headed to the stairs, grabbing on to the hand railing. Just as I put my hand on the railing, a strong gust of wind rushed at me, even though all windows were closed. It was so strong that I was lifted off my feet into the air and I had to latch onto the railing. The guys behind me were totally unaffected by it. So that must mean Andy's using his bond for air...

I saw Andy standing behind me a couple of meters away.
I let go of the railing, being thrown into the air.
My plan worked, and I crashed right into Andy's chest, hitting him to the ground.
We rolled over a couple of times, then I heard Andy, "ooOOOWW!!"
"Well that backfired, dude," Ashley said to him, laughing.
"Shaddup." Andy got up, then pulled me up and held my arms so I couldn't run away. We went to the spare room, and I saw CC lock all the doors around us.

Well, I'm caught like a fly. (A/N: FIR!!)

Ashley came up to me, then tilted my head up, examining my face. He smirked, then said "your lips look lonely, wanna meet mine?"

I gave him a 'wtf' look, then smacked him across the face. He gave me sad puppy dog eyes, then looked up at CC and Andy and said "you're right guys, it hurts like a bitch."

I looked at where I smacked him, and sure enough, it was red like he'd been burned. Ashley wrote something on a notepad, then looked at my eyes. He said something under his breath, then wrote another thing down.

After examining everything strange that happened to me after my death, and change, he went onto asking me questions, like if my eyes sting when I'm mad, if I feel some-sort of new power, if I feel a connection to something that I don't know, if I was good in the bedroom, etc.
I kicked him in the balls after he said the last one. He didn't ask me again.

After Ashley was done, which took about an hour, he gathered CC and Andy around to check out the results on the notepad. 

After they were done, they all looked at me.

"This ain't good." One of them said.