Chapter 15

I woke up and looked around me. I must have fallen asleep while reading that goddamn book.

I looked down and saw what chapter I was up to, 9. Ok, that's it, I'm not reading anymore. I closed the book and checked the time. Midnight. I'm glad Andy got rid of the dead Hook Horror, because if he didn't, I'd be freaking out, thinking it'd come back to life or something. Jake and Jinxx left at noon, after helping Andy dispose of the creatures remains.

I sighed. I looked at the ice/fire sphere floating in the middle of the living room. The ice in it wasn't shining as brightly as it could, while the fire was roaring. That's so weird. I wonder what it's purpose is?

I got off the couch and walked upstairs. As I was walking to my room, I heard a bump. I squealed, then ran into the closest room near me. I shut the door and put my ear against it. Has the Hook Horror come back to life to finish his job?!

"What are you doing in here?"

I yelped and shot up like a bullet. I turned around and came face-to-face with Andy, making me jump again. I saw he was only wearing a pair of grey pyjama pants, nothing else. His hair was messy from sleep. Here I am, drooling over my mentor...

"What's got you so jumpy?" He asked.

"T-the Hook Horror, came back, to kill me, in m-my room..." I stuttered.

Andy ran out of the room. He was back in a split second. Damn, he's fast.

"There's nothing in your room... Are you sure it was the Hook Horror?" He asked me.

"No, I just assumed it was. I was walking to my room and heard a bump. Maybe I just overreacted."

He chuckled. "Don't worry, nothing's in there. You're safe to go back."

But I don't wanna go back in my room...I heard a bump from there, so I'm defiantly not going back in there. I don't want to sleep on the couches in the living room, because that's where the Hook Horror appeared...

"Crap..." I muttered.

"You ok?" Andy asked.

I looked at him. I don't want to have a panic attack or something in front of him. "Uh, I, well, um, I..."

"You can sleep in my room if you don't want to sleep anywhere else." He offered.

I calmed down. The Hook Horror hasn't been in this room, so maybe it won't appear if I'm in here. "Thanks." I said.

"The bed's queen size, so you'll have enough room." He said.

Andy jumped into one side of the bed, turning off the lamp after. I could still see, thanks to my so-called 'vampire' vision, and found my way to the unoccupied side of the bed, climbing in. Andy didn't attempt anything, and he left me plenty of room. I faced the side of the edge of the mattress.

It's very dark in this room. Even with my improved sight, I still can't see too much. What if the creature came into the room? I wouldn't be able to see it! I shuddered. It would kill me, and I couldn't do anything about it! It could end me easily. I shuddered again, worse this time.

I felt the bed move, then a pair of arms go around me. "Shhhhh..." A deep voice whispered. "It's not going to get you, calm down, Andy's here." He chucked softly. "Batman's here to protect you."

Just after he said that, something hit the window loudly. I screamed and looked over to the window. I didn't see anything.

"Probably a bird hitting the window." Andy muttered. He started to wrap his arms around me tighter, then stopped. "Are you ok with this? If you want me to let go, just say. All I thought was you'd feel more protected."