~Part 1 - The Start Where It All Changes~

I woke up the sun beaming through my window making me narrow my eyes so i dont blind myself from the lights rays, I smiled to myself and got out of bed before taking an shower and changing into some black leggins and a flowy top along with some boots. I couldnt wait for today to start, going to kings cross to platform 9 and 3/4 to travel on the hogwarts express back to hogwarts, along with my 3 best friends, Harry, Ron and Hermione. When i was changed and grabbed my wand before hiding it in the side of my boot to keep hidden from the muggle world, i then heaved my trunk down the stairs along with my owl, Lilo, in her cage. When at the bottom of the stairs my Uncle smiled at me before we both apperated to an alley by kings cross station avoiding beeing seen by the muggles as we appear from nowhere, my uncle Tom, grabbed a trolly and and placed my trunk, owl and all my new school stuff including my brand new broomstick onto it, the fastest model yet. I wheeled the trolly through the station until i came to platforms 9 and 10, i ran through the wall and it appeared. I saw the giant red steam train ahead of me with the words 'hogwarts express' written across the front in gold, i instantly smiled before hugging my uncle goodbye and getting on the train, i put my trunk in the luggage compartment along with Lilo before going to change into my robes.

When i was changed i glanced and saw my prefect badge and realised this year will be different from the rest, starting with the train ride. All 4 prefects have to share a compartment for the journey to Hogwarts and when we get there the 4 of us have a prefect common room and 2 dormatries, the thing is there is 2 boy prefects and 2 girl ones. Georgia Ward and Max Jones are both prefects and at the moment they are dating so they will want to share a dorm which leaves me with him. My arch enemy who i hate more than anyone or anything, Draco Malfoy, the prefect for Slytherin house. I took a deep breath as i saw the compartment with a plaque on saying 'Prefects'. Luckily it was only Georgia and Max there as Malfoy hadnt arrived yet, i guess on the journey we will have to discuss the arrangement in the dorms and knowing im going to get landed with Malfoy im going to have to stay mature otherwise i could get expelled.

"Hi, Im Lauren Kenzie but my friends call me Lilo" I smiled at Georgia and Max as I took a sat oposite Georgia.

"Hi, Im Georgia Ward, Hufflepuff prefect and this is my boyfriend, Max Jones, Ravenclaw prefect, Its nice to meet you" Georgia smiled shaking my hand before i shook hands with Jay.

The train started leaving the station, i watched all the first years waving good by to their family on the platform until the passing scenary became a blur. Since Malfoy hadnt came to the prfect compartment yet I assumed he would be sat with his goon friends, Crabbe and Goyle up with the other Slytherins but I was wrong, my happiness which used to be was now hate. I glared at him as he took to avalible seat next to me, god i wish i could slap him right now, how much i hated Malfoy is insane.

"Ermm we need to sort our dorms out..." Georgia muttered knowing i didnt like Malfoy.

"Hey look i know you and Max are together so you can share one dorm while i share one with this idiot" I directed my last words to Malfoy who actually looked happy about the arrangements.

"Aw thank you Laur...I mean Lilo!" Max smiled using my nickname.

I gazed out of the window getting lost into the blurred scene, i could feel someone staring at me, their eyes burning into the back of my head, i looked to see Georgia and Max had gone to do their prefect duties meaning it was Malfoy staring.

"Do i have another head on the back of my head or something?!" You scoffed turnig to face him you sprakling blue eyes with a touch of brown in meeting his stromy/stone grey ones, wow arent they gorgeous. No no they arent what am i thinking?!

"No..." Malfoy muttered turning his gaze away from me.

Werid.

"Why stare at me Malfoy?" I said overly annoyed at his staring.

"Im sorry i didnt mean to" Malfoy kept his gaze to the floor.

Wait, did i just get an appology from Malfoy?! This day is going strange already. I stood up and Malfoy looked up at me his stone grey eyes meeting mine, it didnt look like Malfoy, their was some sort of love in his eyes. He might like you ooooooo, was my first thought but i shook that away quickly as possible because i hate Malfoy no matter what. I exited the compartment leaving him alone to find my friends, it didnt really take long because the prefects compartment is near the Gryffindors, I peered through the door and saw Harry, Hermione and Ron all sat laughing, i opened the door and the all gave me a hug.

"Hows being a prefect then?" Hermione laughed.

"Stressful, we get our own common room right and 2 dorms and because Georgia and Max are dating they want to share one dorm which means"

Ron interupted knowing what i was gonna say as he knows who the prefects are as i told him, Hermione and Harry over the summer.

"No!"

"Yes Ron, i have to share a dorm with Draco Malfoy for the rest of my stay at Hogwarts until i leave." I scowled at the say of his name.

Although when i thought about him, i could see his eyes. His beautiful dreamy stone coloured eyes, Woah what?! Why the hell does my mind say positive things about Malfoy, i HATE Malfoy.

"Anyway i just came to say hi as i have to get back to my Prefect duties, bye" I waved.

I left my friends and began walking along the narrow passage way on the train making my way back to the prefect compartment, i kept my head down until i walked into someone making them fall over with me ontop of them. I looked up and my eyes met them stone grey ones yet again, i was getting lost in them, what was going on?!

"What the hell are you doing Lauren?" Malfoy smirked, why was he looking at me like that?!

"What?! You, I mean oh whatever Malfoy!" I shouted getting up and running off into the small batroom which was at the back of the train.

I got there and locked the door behind me. Malfoy calls everyone by their surename EVERYONE so why did he call me Lauren instead of Kenzie, what makes me different?

Maybe he likes you...

I erased my thought from my mind and tried to think of a subject that isnt Malfoy but then i thought about his eyes, his stormy/stone grey eyes which i almost lost myself to, why do i feel like this towards Malfoy of all people?! Oh no...

I think you are falling for Draco Malfoy...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N So this is a whole new fanfic i want to start writing, i know i have Meckenzie-Rae Sykes and All That Counts Is Here And Now to finish and update for but this is an idea i have had in my head for a long time and i had to write it down and see what you all think:) p.s if you havent yet noticed all the writing in italic is Laurens thoughts.

Lauren:) x