My Stalker

*Edited* (again)  Tell me what you think!

Chapter 1

Waking up in an empty bed is the norm for most, but when you’re married and your husband is an adulterous bastard, that’s when it’s not ok.

When my mom woke up to find herself in an empty bed, clothes hanging out of the wardrobe from being carelessly packed, and a shattered picture frame that once contained her wedding photo. She was not ok, she was left to raise their four year old boy and a new born daughter all on her own.

What kind of man leaves his wife and children behind, you ask?

My dad, that’s who.

I was the infant who was forced to grow up without her daddy, without the man who was meant to call me his princess, to throw me into the air and catch me.

The closest thing I ever had to a father is my older brother Dylan. But having a brother is not the same thing as having a dad. Well that’s what I’ve heard; I don’t really have anything to compare it to.

Mom never really got over dad leaving, but she didn’t turn to the bottle, or start neglecting us. No, she did the opposite, she gave us everything; her love, attention and time.  All just so she didn’t have to think about the heartless monster that left her behind.

I grew up with my cousins, they never had a dad either, maybe it’s a curse from generations and generations ago… or men are just assholes. Yep, let’s go with that one.

"Hey Kendall, how's life treating ya?" My cousin swung her front door open, revealing to her the gift of my presence.

"Oh, hey Ava, what are you doing here so early?" Her words slurred, lazy cow probably just crawled out of bed. I looked past the door she was half hiding behind to see her in sweatpants and a long t-shirt, yeah she was definitely just climbing out of bed.

“It’s 1 O’clock! I thought we could go take Buddy for a walk and-" My sentence was rudely interrupted by a loud bark from somewhere inside the house, and a cursing Kendall.

"CRAP!" She turned around just in time to see the white fluffy husky come barrelling past her and through the door. My eyes were wide with the unusual occurrence, usually they know to shut Buddy in the living room when they answer the door, I guess considering they were all in bed , at 1pm I may add, that they forgot.

"Buddy!! Buddy get back here!" Kendall and I ran screaming down the road, chasing after the hound.

Eventually he slowed down once we reached the next side street, and fell into a stop. Kendall and I slowed our pace, and began to approach, but just as we got close enough to him he jumped back a few paces, landing in a crouch with his butt in the air and his tongue hanging out.

"No! We are not playing right now Buddy. Come here." Kendall ordered, this was not the first time he had gotten out, it was pretty much his mission in life as a pup to escape, I couldn’t blame him though, Kendall barely ever let his feet touch the ground!

Buddy whimpered and took a few steps further back. Seeing that this obviously isn’t getting us anywhere, I decided on taking a different approach. I lowered myself to the ground so that I was in a crouching position, the black leggings and white converse I had thrown on this morning looked worn out, and my blue hoody was particularly esque.

Tilting my head up to look at Buddy, I tried to pretend that there was a new person for him to meet, due to the hysterics he is usually in at a new face I thought it would work. I was so wrong.

"Buddy, Buddy, Buddyyyy! Look who is here to see you!" I turned my head to look in the direction of the road we were connected to, catching the eyes of some of the passers-by who had gathered on the side of the road hoping for a show. Some people really need to mind their own business.