New Friends (chapter nineteen)

Faith's P.O.V

Things are very different now. Kirsten's death was over two weeks ago now. Harry returned back to college yesterday so I'm not seeing much of Niall and them around because they're all supporting him. Everyone's happy to see him, and amazingly everyone is supporting him.

Media class is definately not the same anymore, still. We just get our work done as a pair using communication as a bare minimum. Ever since Jay started dating Robyn, they're a foul couple. I always walk past them full on kissing in the corridoors, it's gross! She's not a loyal girlfriend either, she flirts with loads of boys.. and it's obvious. Even Jay knows, but he doesn't say a word because he's completely under the thumb and she's taking advantage of him. I've even tried warning Jay about her, how she'll mess him around..

"Faith, shut up! I don't care what you think, your opinion means nothing to me." Was all I got in reply.

Apart from that, things seem pretty good. I've been spending my lunchtimes with Alex (Liam's girlfriend) and Flo (Louis' girl) they're a nice pair of girls. Alex is very quiet but she's lovely.. Flo is a lot more outgoing and chatty, a nice girl though reminds me of Louis a bit.

"How's you and Louis?" I ask Flo as we walk down the long corridoor, it's quite empty as people are outside enjoying the sunshine in the lunch hour.

"Oh, y'no.. we're pretty good thanks! It's nearly been four months.. things have been a bit woobily lately though because my ex Felix keeps getting involved.. it's driving me nuts!" She sighs, flicking a single blonde wave over her shoulder.

"Oh, what's he doing?" I ask curiously.

"He's just getting involved, getting other people to tell both me and him stuff! At first we kind of believed it, but when we found out he was the cause of it, it hasn't been so bad."

"Oh fair enough, well as long as you're both okay.." I reply not sure of what to say.

"What about you and Liam?" I turn to Alex.

"Oh! We're great!" She chirps quietly. Alex is known to be a girl of very few words, everyone says so. Apart from Liam of course.

All three of us carry on walking down the corridoor, some how the subject of ex boyfriends managed to arise. I didn't really have much to contribute as I've never had a boyfriend, other than Niall.

"Seriously?! Niall's your first boy?" Flo gasps, all big eyed. I just shrug and nod. I'm glad I've never had any other boy, because it just makes Niall a million times more special.

That's when something catches my eye. I stop facing the wall.

"Faith.. what are you doing?" Flo asks slightly confused.

I reach up to the wall where the College Prom poster hangs, I grab it and rip it down firmly.

"Faith!?" Flo calls again. I turn back around scrunching up the paper in my hands.

"We need to make better posters, something more eye catching and fun!" I say tossing the ball of paper over to the bin which taps the side of the metal bucket and falls onto the floor.

"That's true.. they're not very good are they?" Flo replies.

"When will we do them though?"

"After school? Today maybe? You guys free?" I ask, looking around at them both. They both exchange glances and then look back nodding.

"Me and Liam should be free.." Alex says quietly.

"I doubt Louis will make it, but count me in!" Flo grins ruffling small Alex's dark mop of hair.

"Cool! Where shall we do it though..?" I ask unsure.

"The library? There's a lot of arty stuff there" Alex suggests.

"No no, not there! It's too quiet, we need to be able to communicate without disturbing others.." Flo declares, snapping her manicured nails together.

"Where then?" I ask doubtfully. We all stand in silent for a moment trying to think.

"My house!" Flo says loudly making Alex jump out of her skin.

"Yours?"

"Yeah! My parents won't be in. I got a pretty big place and it's only a five minute walk from the college.. so if we were to all meet at the gates after college, I could show you the way?" She grins, grabbing at her hair again, swooping it up into a ponytail.

"Alright, that sounds good.. we all good with that?" I ask around smiling. They both nod happily. As I look at them both something catches my eye through the window, sitting outside by himself, Zayn.

"Alright, so meet at the end of the day outside the gates?"

"Yes!" They reply.

"Look, I gotta go and speak to Zayn, he looks lonely." I point towards where the lonely boy is sitting.

"Catch you girls later!" I smile giving them a little wave before pushing open the glass door.

"Hey Zayn.." I say softly. He dark haired boy looks up at me, smiling softly with a fag in his hand.

"Hey Faitho!" That's his new nickname for me, it's a weird one.

"Aren't you with the other guys?"

"Nah, felt a little left out.. they never seem to involve me as much, plus I wanted a fag.. and this is the college's smoking area.." He smirks, taking the fag inbetween his lips.

"Oh.. where are the crew..?" I say looking around the empty area then back to Zayn.

"Oh, they're getting some shizzzz, some Mary Jane.." He smirks, pulling out a lighter to relight his fag.

"Mary Jane?"

Zayn laughs lightly.

"Mary Jane is a special name for weed.." He laughs.

"Oh, woops.." I giggle, sitting next to him.

My stomach starts to churn when an old memory floods my brain. Should I say anything?

"Faith what's up?" Zayn asks, crouching down by me up against the wall.

"Huh? Nothing." I snap quickly.

"You're breathing all heavily?"

I know I am. I try swallowing, but it feels to hard too.

"Zayn.." I whisper.

"What?" He replies quietly coming closer to me.

"A few weeks ago, at the party.. we didn't have-"

"No we didn't."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive.."

I bite my hand as tears stream down my face, I shake anxiously.

"Faith.. tell me.. what's wrong?" Zayn breathes, rubbing my back comfortingly.

"Zayn.. my periods late."