Underwater (Chapter five)

I stand outside the music class clutching Doug, I should be thinking about what's going to happen to me next, but no. The only thing on my mind is Niall, the spark I felt as soon as our lips touched, his lips against mine felt amazing. I could feel a smile spread across my face as I think back to last night when Niall's lips touched mine for the first time. I wonder if he felt the spark too? It was the most amazing night of my life, until I got home to my parents.

---------last night--------

As soon as I push through the door, my father snarls at me. I decide to dash quickly up to my room hoping to escape. 

"Come here now!" He roars. Knowing that it'd only upset him more if I was to ignore him, I trail down the stairs slowly keeping my eyes on the hard wooden floor. 

"Why are you here?" he growls. 

"Why would you care?" I ask quietly, thinking he'd stir at my comment, but he just let out an empty meaningless laugh. 

"I don't, I just wish you'd stay out for longer, I have stuff to do and you're annoying me!" he leans closer to my, I can smell a musty, alcoholic smell on him, he's drunk. 

I just shrug still clutching Doug. 

"What the hell is this piece of junk?" he spits, I can feel his hot breath on my cheek as I turn away from his angry face. He grabs Doug off me and chucks him into the fireplace. 

"NO!" I yell leaping toward the fire grabbing Doug and heaving him out of the fire. My dad roars again, grabbing the guitar back off me and smacking it across my legs, I burst into a scream, the hard burnt wood burns my leg, I cry out in pain. 

"Don't you EVER scream at me again!" he shouts, kicking my back as I fall to the floor and he storms out the house so I'm left on the floor mourning in my tears. My dad isn't so bad when he's not drunk.. 

I slowly trail up to my room, my bed's legs are broken and the mirror is still shattered on the floor. I leap over the broken pieces and flop onto my bed, I close my eyes bearing the pain from the burn. 

--------------------- 

-The next morning-

I wake up rubbing my eyes violently, I glare the the old clock on the wall, I gasp its twelve!

College started two hours ago! I get up slightly frustrated with myself, I leap over the broken mirror abandoned on my floor and yank open my wooden draws, I pull out a pair of grey joggers, as much as I want to wear my jeans, I can't bear the thought of it pressing against my burn.

I slide on a green strap top then a plain navy jacket. I scrap my long brown locks into a messy bun on my head, then sliding on my green toms.

I look a mess, I seriously can't be asked, I grab my concealer quickly applying it my bruises and scars then grabbing my black rucksack I head downstairs.

I stand at the top of the stairs listening, my parents are arguing. That'd be the worst time to go past them, they'll both gang up against me, I sigh opening my bedroom window. I climb up onto the ledge and sit down with my legs hanging out of the window I hold my breath as I hold onto the ledge letting my body drop as I hang on tightly holding my body weight with my hands. My hands then slip off and I jump landing neatly onto the porch roof, then hanging my legs off the roof, I jump landing onto the soft grass. It hurt but it's better than being kicked by my mother or father..

---------back to present time--------- 

"Sweet guitar!" Jay grins, touching Doug's white body. 

"Thanks!" I laugh. 

"So why weren't you in this morning?" he asks, hands on hips. 

"Ah, I over slept!" I roll my eyes, as he smirks.