My dream girl (chapter eighteen)

Faith's P.O.V

Niall's around Harry's with all the lads. So I decide to take Doug down to the beach for a quick strum.

I practice the song me and Jay had been working on.

Music lessons haven't been the same now, me and Jay don't really get along as well.. we don't argue but we don't exactly connect anymore..

As in we just do our work and when the bell goes we go our separate ways. No more nicknames, no laughing, no catch ups, no messing around. It's been like this for the past week now, ever since he told me about Robyn.

Apart from that stuffs pretty good! After the weekend Harry's coming back to college and I'm going to start organising for the prom. I have spoken to people who are willing to help! All the lads have said they'd help, Flo (Louis' girlfriend) and Alex (Liam's girlfriend) have both offered to help me as well which was really lovely of them!

I strum my guitar quietly slowly and quietly singing along with it gently. The sun is quickly setting across the horizon over the sea, the air is quite warm and the flowers are starting to bloom as the season slowly turns into spring. The sky is streaked with loads of different beautiful shades of pink and orange, it looks amazing.

Can you tell me

That I'll be okay

Just don't walk away

From me now

I'm broken

I cannot breathe

I just want you here

With me

"Havin' a hard time aye?"

I look up from where I am sitting. Standing above me a tall, slim girl with olive coloured skin and long jet black silky hair. She looks weirdly familiar.

"Oh um.. no it's a song.." I stutter still quite shocked.

She sits down next to me crossed legged.

"Yes but you wrote it didn't you?"

"Yes.. yes I did."

"Well then surely the lyrics must mean something to you or your life?" the girl says biting at her short stubby painted green nails.

"I guess so.." I admit.

"Don't worry, I do music! But instead of writing songs, I prefer just strumming a song and making up lyrics on the spot to fit my mood or surroundings! I never record my songs or learn them.." she smiles.

I nod at her not sure of what to say. I've never heard of music being performed like that before..

"Hey I love your guitar! It looks pretty awesome! Have you named it?"

I look at her wide eyed. Not one person has ever asked me before if I've named my guitar, most people think it's crazy!

"Yeah, I call him Doug, look I engraved it here.." I point to where his name had been tattooed into the side of his body.

"Oh that's cool! I have a guitar too! In fact I have two, but ones a mini guitar! You know? The ones they call a ukulele. My guitar is called Cocoa and my ukulele is called Tom!" she giggles.

"I'm so childish!"

I carry on strumming my guitar lightly as she sits there and watches interestedly.

"Um, hey.. would you let me have a little strum on Doug? I mean I'll be very careful.."

I hesitate a little, I've never let anyone play him before.