1.

Books are a get-away. Books are an art form. They're stories about everything. They're a world you can hold in your hand and transport into. They're feelings and thoughts written on paper. They're a get-away.

Aurora was walking through the dim streets of Seattle, holding her phone tightly in her grasp. She walked down 3 streets, and made a right, straight to Books, her favorite place to be.

Aurora was 17, barely passing school, and skipping every single assignment to read the latest shipment from the bookstore 3 streets down. She was living with her grandma, because in truth, she hated everybody in her family, but her grandmother was everything to her.

Aurora arrived in Seattle in the Summer of 2015, right before school. She came from California, and grew to love the rain that poured from the crying skies in her new found home.

She lost her grandfather 3 short years ago, but her grandmother Lucille, (as she would say) was a single pringle ready to mingle.

Lucille was friends with everyone in town, including the owner of her favorite bookstore, Todd.

Todd was 66, and still going on strong.

He came from England last year, in hopes of opening a bookstore, which he did, of course.

Aurora encountered Todd every single Wednesday and Thursday when she ate her chocolate chip muffin in aisle 13, so you can imagine her surprise when she opened the bookstore door and wasn't greeted by him.

"Todd?" She asked, closing the door quietly behind her and breathing in the store's hot air.

"Welcome." She heard behind her.

Aurora spun around, and raised her eyebrow at the tall person in front of her.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"Who are you?" He questioned back, crossing his arms over like her.

"Aurora." She answered, taking in his features.

He was so pretty.

Aurora spent so much time with Todd that she almost didn't notice the boy's accent.

"Harry." He replied, his coffee breath fanning her pale face.

Aurora was at a loss for words. The boy was beautiful.

She took in 2 short breaths, telling herself to pull it together. "Where's Todd?"

"I'm his grandson. He left me in charge of the bookstore. I'm staying in America for a while, and he's sick of me sitting around, even though I've only arrived 3 days ago." He said to her, picking up his coffee mug, sipping slowly.

Aurora turned her light brown eyes toward his mug, and soon her quiet giggles filled the store.

"Does your mug say 'is butter a carb'?" She asked, still laughing slightly. She was covering her mouth and tugging at her long dark hair.

Harry raised an eyebrow and lifted his mug, eyeing it. "What can I say? I love mean girls."

"Of course you do." She said, rolling her eyes.

It was silent for a couple minutes, as Aurora scanned through the "newly arrived".

"Do you need help with anything?" He asked her, his deep voice grasping her attention.

"Hmm? No, thank you." She answered shyly, picking up a random story and heading towards the back of the store.

"I'll be in aisle 13." She said to him.

Harry nodded at her, hiding a dimpled smile.

She was a pretty girl.