The Ferrari stopped in the circle drive, and Skie got out of the passenger side. She glanced up at the roof, and I waved.

“Meghan Richmond! What the heck are you doing on the roof! Get down before you almost kill yourself again. This time mother won’t be able to pin it on father.” Skie still thinks that dad had nothing to do with my fall, but I was in his custody when I fell, therefore it was technically his responsibility to keep me safe and out of the hospital.

“Oh, Skie, relax. You know very well that it was father’s fault that Meghan fell. If his idiot step-son hadn’t been playing with the hose, then the roof wouldn’t have been wet,” Connor called getting out of the car, “how goes life at the top of the house Meghs?”

“It was fine, I was thinking about you two, and dad. But mainly Sam. Oh and Skie, I was just getting down.” I shouted standing up and walking across the rooftop. I was pretty sure that Skie was in full big sister panic mode, which always made me happy. Freaking out my sister was the easiest thing to do in the world; it was also very, very amusing. I ran out of my room, not bothering to close the window, and down a flight of stairs to the main staircase. I saw Skie and Connor standing in the doorway receiving embraces from mom.

“Skie! Connor! Welcome home!” I screamed running down the stairs, and right into my older brother’s arms. He held me for a while. I missed my siblings; life without them was so boring.

“How have you been holding up?” he whispered into my ear as I laid my head on his shoulder.

“Well, umm, my best friend just died, and I feel really lost… without her.” I whispered back.

“I know how much Sam meant to you,” he began but Connor began extremely hesitant. Not knowing just exactly how to continue, “but now she’s were she needs to be. Samantha Davis is with Nana, Megh… she’d where she belongs. Sam isn’t suffering, so we shouldn’t suffer over her loss either. Just take in all the reality, Sam is going to be fine. She is perfectly safe now… no more harm can come to her. Now all you need is to let time heal you… and you’ll be fine.” Connor finished with a small smile, and confidence in his voice. 

“Who knew those words could come out of Connor Bryon Richmond’s mouth. I’m shocked.” Skie joked, Connor glared at her.

“It’s going to take a lot of time to heal me… isn’t it?” I asked looking up and into his blue eyes.

“These things don’t change overnight… but Megh… you’ll eventually get over losing Sam. But she will never leave your heart.” Skie whispered hugging me, and Connor.  Then there was a click, and I looked up to see that my mother was once again taking pictures of her kids during an embrace. For some reason, my mother, who loved documenting everything; felt the need to take a couple dozen pictures of her children every hour.

“One of these days, she is going to make a three hour long documentary of our childhood.” Connor muttered pulling away from Skie.

“No, try a three-and-a-half hour to four hour documentary. Part one, which will take viewers up ‘till 2004. Then she is going to make Part 2 which will take them up till now.” Skie muttered, I laughed,

“Very funny you two, I just wanted to capture a memorable moment of my children’s lives.” Mom defended, lowering the expensive camera. Connor quickly kissed my cheek then set me down on the marble floor, and then walked over to mom’s side and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Like the gentleman he was raised to be.

“Connor,” I laughed, “will you help me with something important? It’s kind of heavy, so I need your muscles.” “Well, then you probably shouldn’t ask Skie to help.” Connor muttered walking up the stairs with his bag. Skie looked like she was about to shoot daggers at him, I was confused by what my brother meant. Skie grabbed her bag, and followed Connor up the two flights of stairs to our rooms. I saw Hawkins come out of the door that led to the secret passage way to the kitchens. Sam and I found the tunnel a few years ago, it was summer and we were bored, the natural story of our lives.