epilogue.

Author's notes:

Okay, I think you guys all deserve this:) Here's the last ever chapter of You're All I Never Wanted- the epilogue. 

This is very important. I really want you to know your opinions on a possible spin-off/ alternate universe story of You're All I Never Wanted. I've gotten about 9 chapters written out but the theme and nature is really, really dark and there will be more sexual implications or scenes than this one. Also, it has the possibily of being offensive to a lot of people. Therefore I need you all to understand that what will be presented in that story will be purely fictional and the characters are mainly tools of creating a plot, therefore are only seen as a plot device and I do not visualise them as the person they are portrayed by.

Please tell me whether you'd like to see the spin-off, summary is in next chapter:)

Epilogue

Some things we don't talk about,

Rather do without, and hold the smile.

Fallen in and out of love,

Ashamed and proud of, together all the while.

-Never Say Never (The Fray)

(1 year and 4 months later)

"Here's your anthology- seriously? You can't be serious, Eliza," Jack exclaimed, rolling his eyes at me as I stuffed the heavy book into my suitcase.

I shrugged. "You know, you should have learnt to keep your mouth shut about my Lit passion by now. Do you know how heavy my poem collection is? It can actually cause serious skull fractures," I said as a matter of fact-ly.

"Yeah, good luck with touching my boyfriend," Kara drawled, leaning on the door frame.

I grinned at her. "Hey, at least it's with my book, and not my flesh. I'm pretty sure you'd actually prefer that."

"Not really. After all, I've heard your books are practically a part of you," she answered, a twinkle sparkling in her eye.

I laughed. "Come on, can't you just not tease me on the day I'm about to leave for Oxford?"

As Jack carried my suitcases downstairs, Finn and Anna met us halfway down.

Right, Finn and Jo broke up about 2 months ago. It was a mutual decision- their news was pasted all over twitter and Jo didn't like the publicity. Fortunately, Anna was around London at that time, and saw Finn moping around. Consoling him at first, they both started dating soon. "God, is it time already? I can't believe it, when are we going to see you soon?" Anna asked.

"Christmas, I suppose. Unless, well, you all decide to visit me on campus," I answered, shooting them a grin.

I adjusted my tank top, glad that I was able to wear something that got to show off my arms without being afraid of being judged.

I had gotten a lot better this past year. I got clinical help with my depression and... well, cutting. A psychiatrist really helped with my problems, made me feel more secure about myself.

We decided to go for some quick 'cheeky Nandos' before I left. When we got there, I realised that they had called the youtube crew. My smile immediately vanished off my face. "Guys, why are-" I attempted to mutter to Jack and Finn.

"Hey Eliza," they chorused.

I stared at them. They didn't seem to be pissed off at me just yet.

I shot a look at Sam and Caspar- whom looked still wary of me. They didn't talk to me much during lunchtime, and I accepted their shunning as a price I had to pay. On the other hand, Marcus and Alfie were pretty nice to me, although I wasn't the closest to them before everything had ever happened. I thought it was pretty weird- I mean, the way that I was friendly with the people I was less familiar with, yet not understood by the closer friends.

It wasn't too bad though. We managed to comprehend each other’s' opinions on each other and ignore our differences. Despite the slight awkwardness, we were able to enjoy our time quite wisely.

Eventually though, we had to part ways, and I kissed both Jack and Finn, and also Anna and Kara goodbye before I boarded the 3 hour train ride back to Oxford.

As I sat there thinking on the train, I realised how appropriate everything had turned out.

We were back to the start, where Jack and Finn were somewhere between my brothers and friends, and there was nothing in between us.

"I'm sorry, Eliza. I really am! But honestly, I just love Kara so much I would never leave her again. I must thank you for helping me realise how much she means to me and... but I really love her."

"Oh..."

It took a little time, but then I really did get over the obsessive love eventually.

So I guess sometimes, it's not about happy ever afters, it's just about enjoying yourself in that moment. And maybe in the end, you don't really have anyone to love- yet. But you know that in the end, there had been true love shared between us.

Of course though, the love isn't gone forever.

I think we both know- both Jack and I, we know that if something happened to either one of us, the other would always be standing by, just waiting to throw himself or herself in their arms.

And we both know that we had each other, if our hearts ever get broken.

And we were contented with that.

 End notes:

Oh god... this is really the end, and I can't believe it. I originally wanted to hold it off to next Friday, but I felt like I really couldn't, because I know that I had been posting cliffhangers for so long and I felt that the epilogue and chapter twenty five had to be together to have more impact. 

Lastly, thanks to everyone who had left me lovely comments and followed me and voted for my story. I really, really love everyone single one of you :) 

Here's a little shoutout to all my followers, who have incredible stories written on their account as well, so go check them out:)

CheekyNan, girlyCrazyAngel, kally_loves_1D, eorslave, amazingllamas, Elinorxx, selenasr, xSincerelyYours, May-IrenEriksen, ghenkuhlet, jenifaa21, lydnoel, natalie_harries, zen1994, itjustwontfeelright.

Thanks for sticking it out with me when I was unsure of myself:)