Chapter 18

We followed him down the long hallway and he leads us to his office. The walls were ivory and bookshelves lined the walls. A big desk was in the middle of the room with a huge bay window behind it. He took a seat and motioned for us to follow. We sat down looking at each other and then at him. What the hell was this about? He opened a drawer and pulled out two pieces of paper sitting one in front of each of us.

"Uh, what's this?" I asked him.

"This my dear is a confidentiality agreement. Although I trust you, I just can't take any chances." He sighed.

"I don't understand. What's this for?" Darby asked.

"Can you imagine what the media would do if they knew how Kade behaved? If they found out about these little fits as Emma calls them. It would be a shit show and I can't let that happen. This paper ensures that it won't. You can't talk to anyone else about what happens with our family business. I hate to do this but it's not a chance I'm willing to take again after what Jules did I have to be careful."

"I understand. I have no problem signing it. I wouldn't tell any family business you know that. But what does this mean? If I sign and then say I did tell what would happen?" I asked him out of curiosity.

"I wouldn't expect you to sign without you reading the fine print Addi. This simply means you agree not to disclose our private matters and if you did well... Basically, I could ruin you. Sue you for damages which you couldn't pay. You'd be bankrupt, lose your company and your good name. Do you understand?"

"Yeah, I get it. But just so you know I wouldn't tell anyone especially the media even without this agreement." I took a pen and signed it.

"I know Addi, but I can't be too careful. How about you Darby any questions?"

"Naw I'm good. I don't have much to lose anyway sir everything is in my daddy's name." She winked at him and he laughed as she signed it.

He took the papers and put them in an envelope. "I do trust you both. But now I can rest easier. Ryan signed one after a few months of dating Emma. I wish I would have thought of this before the whole Jules situation. I won't make that mistake again. I hope you both understand."  We nodded and he got up.

"Now enough of that nonsense you have a vacation to pack for! Oh and don't worry if you forget anything I have the villa fully staffed and they can go pick up anything you might need. Have fun and enjoy yourselves!!" He hugged Darby and then me. As he pulled away he smiled at me. "Addi don't you worry about this media thing I'll fix it if I have to buy that magazine and fire the ass that did this myself. I'll make sure you look like Cinderella to the whole world."

"Thank you so much. You have been so good to me. I really don't deserve it."

"Nonsense you love my son and that makes you worthy of the whole world my dear! Quite honestly he isn't the only one who loves you either. Your apart of this family now Addison." I hugged him again as a tear ran down my cheek. I never had a dad and he was feeling more and more like one every day.

Darby drove us to the apartment to pack while Kade went back to his penthouse.  We were busy packing and Darby was full of excitement.

"I can't believe this!  Hawaii for the whole week with Matt and my bestie!  This is going to be epic!"  She squealed as she rolled her suitcase to the living room. 

"Did you get everything?" I asked her. 

"I think so.  I got my red bikini that's the most important thing."  She grinned.

"Kade just texted me.  James is picking us up and then Matt. He should be here any minute.  It's kinda crazy we're going on vacation with a guy you've only known a few days."