Chapter 10

Quinn POV

The next few days pass without occasion. I hang with the boys in school and sometimes they come back to mine after school. Most people at school now know that I am close friends with Axel and his gang and will often look the other way or move out of the way which is unnecessary but I say nothing. The only people that don't seem to care are the cheerleaders, more specifically Freya, the head cheerleader who first confronted me and some of the jocks though they never say anything with any of the boys around, cowards.

That afternoon at work after I have just finished serving a customer I feel eyes on me, I look around and find a heavily tattooed man sitting in the corner with his gaze glued to me. He has no drink in front of him and is simply sitting there staring at me. His face is blank but he looks terrifying, from what I can see, he has broad shoulders, short shaved hair and tattoos curling down his arms. Someone clears their throat and I jump to see a customer waiting, not so patiently, for me to take their order. Next time I look back, the man is gone. Though there was nothing particularly bad or suspicious about the man, I still can't shake the uncomfortable feeling and when I see Carver and Gabe walk in, I let out a breath. There are only a few people just finishing off drinks but I turn the door sign to closed so no one else will walk in. I head back to the counter and sit on the chair behind it.

'What's wrong Q?' Carver asks and I look at him, then at Gabe. Both narrow their eyes and wait for me to reply.

'It could be nothing...' I let my sentence trail off but Carver leans forward, resting his arms on the counter.

'Q. Explain.' His tone broaches no negotiation and I shrug.

'I could be over reacting but I didn't even see him come in and then I felt someone staring and there was a big scary looking tattooed guy just sitting in the corner with no drink or paper or phone or anything, he just stared. I served a customer and he disappeared.' Carver is staring at me with darkened eyes and he says nothing before turning to Gabe, both of their bodies stiff. There seems to be a silent exchange.

'We're going to go back to the warehouse and tell all the guys to keep a look out, stay here, don't let anyone else in and we'll send someone else back to take you home.'

'What's going on?' I ask and Gabe shakes his head.

'We'll explain when we have the time Q, please just trust us for now.'

'I trust you.' I say without a moments hesitation and then, without another word, both men turn and leave.

All of the customers have left and i have been sat in the cafe for 30 mins, waiting for whoever is supposed to be coming, it is getting dark outside and I glance at my phone every few minutes to see if I've missed a text. I pull it out my pocket and glance down, checking the display for the 40th time when a loud bang makes me jump. I nearly drop my phone and look up, I relax when I see Luka standing by the door. I mutter curses under my breath as I go to unlock it.

'Damn it Luka, you scared the living crap out of me.'

'Sorry Q.' He says with a small smile and I roll my eyes, still trying to calm my racing heart.

'You ready to go?' He asks and I nod. I lock up behind me and follow Luka to his car. The ride is fairly quiet and when we get back to mine, Luka gets out and walks me to the door.

'Thank you.' I say softly and he winks at me.

'No problem Q, Axel wanted to come but was busy.' I can't help but blush slightly at that.

'Right, um, night.' He chuckles and waits for me to get in before turning and walking back to his car. Did Axel really want to come instead? I shake that thought away and do some homework, I make myself some dinner and glance at the time. Damn, it's 10:30. I pack everything away and get ready for bed. It's a hot night so I only have shorts and one of my brother's old t shirts on. I have just come out the bathroom when I hear a knock on the door. I pause, thinking I may have misheard but when incessant pounding begins, only pausing for a second before restarting again, i realise that whoever it is really wants me to answer. What if it's the guy from earlier, not that I know who he is. What if it's a murderer, or a thief? I head downstairs and grab a bat from the entrance hall that i always conveniently leave there, I approach the door and still the person is knocking. They most have woken up half the neighbourhood by now. I reach out a slightly shaky hand and unlock the door. I sigh when I recognise the men bathed in light on my porch and am about to relax when I notice that hanging between some of them, an arm around their necks, is Gabe.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*****PLEASE READ THIS, IT WILL TAKE 30 SECONDS!!!!!*****

Sorry, this was another slightly shorter chapter :( sad times. Anyway. I'll post a few more chapters and then I'm gonna start waiting until there are a certain amount of reads and votes before updating. Sorry guys, you know I love you but I wanna try and encourage you to get other readers and to wait for more and more people to join in. Thanks to those who are reading it right now, my very first readers for this book. Ya'll are awesome and I love you, it means so much. Anyhoo, enjoy this chapter and wait like 5 seconds for the next chapter ;)

Thanks and enjoy. xxxxx