Chapter 6

Quinn POV

The next morning I wake up and try and hide the flutter of disappointment when I don't see a text from Axel. I get changed quickly and head out the door unlocking my car. It's not until I reach school that I realise I didn't have any coffee. I sit on the front of my car and pull out my phone, looking through my Tumblr. I hear a familiar engine but don't look up as Axel's car pulls up. I hear the slamming of car doors and talking but keep scrolling, reblogging a few things. The voices get closer and then a shadows falls over me. Reluctantly I look up to find all of the boys standing in front of me and Axel holds an iced coffee.

'Peace offering?' He questions, holding it out to me. I keep my face blank before the smile starts to spread and I nod, accepting the drink.

'Sorry about yesterday, we were just curious and worried but we shouldn't expect you to just tell us everything.' I shake my head.

'No worries. You brought me coffee, everything is forgiven.' The boys all laugh and roll their eyes but it is back to normal and the rest of the day is relaxed and fun, the boys not bringing it up again.

That afternoon as I exit the school with them I turn to them. 

'What you doing this evening?'

'Nothing, why?' Carver answers.

'Come over, I have an empty house, obviously. Pizza?' They all nod and smile and I wave before heading to my car. I get home and enter my living room, shit, there are numerous photos of Jasper and I. I quickly take them down and put them in my room, I don't want any questions. I do some homework and get changed into something comfortable, aka grey sweats and a white tank top. Just after 7 the doorbell rings. I grab my phone, tucking it into my waistband as I answer the door. Axel stands at the front and his gaze trails over me, his eyes fixing on my strip of skin between the tank and the sweats before he looks up at me and grins lazily.

'Hey babe.'

'Heya.' I move aside and he steps in, closely followed by all the guys. I lead them through to the kitchen and they all collapse onto chairs and the sofa as I look at them.

'Right, I'm going to order pizza, what do you want.' It takes 10 minutes but finally the order is placed. We sit around and chat while waiting for it and soon the doorbell rings. I grab my purse and head to the door, I pull it open and blink in surprise when I recognise the linebacker for the school team standing with my pizza.

'Oh, hey.' I say awkwardly. He is staring at me the same way Axel was but whereas Axel made me feel pleased, this guy is just creeping me out and when his gaze zeroes in on my chest I clear my throat.

'Well hey there pretty girl.'

'Smooth.' I say sarcastically and open my purse.

'How much?' He winks and his gaze runs over me once more.

'I can make it free if you give me something else.' I feel my jaw loosen slightly. Did he seriously say that? Does that line even work on any other girls? I mean, he's hot but nowhere near as hot as Axel. Wait, why am I comparing others to him?

'Give the girl the pizza, take her money and get lost.' I hear a deep growl come from behind me and the boys eyes fasten on Axel over my shoulder. His smile falters and fear seems to enter his gaze but he hides it.

'The girl can speak for herself.

'Yeah, she can, but I'm speaking for her anyway.' He steps up until his front is pressed against my back.

'Whatever.' The guys mutters and hands me the pizza.

'$25.75.' I smile sweetly and give him exactly that amount, no tip. He clenches his fist around the money and I shrug.

'You want a tip, try not being an asshole.' I slam the door in his surprised face and Axel steps back slightly as i turn around with the pizzas. He is staring at me, his mouth twitching and I shrug.

'What? He was being an asshole.' He finally breaks and laughs.

'Yeah babe, he was.' He stares down at me and then everything stops and it is just us, staring at each other.

'I'm hungry, where's the pizza?' Luka's voice echoes loudly from the other room and I chuckle as Axel closes his eyes and mutters something. I bring the pizza's into the living room and place them on the coffee table. Everyone digs in and the evening is spent joking around, eating pizza, half watching the film we put on and for the first time in 2 years I realise I am truly happy and having fun with my friends.