Chapter 24

A/N hey everyone. Exams are finished you so you all know what this means....NEW CHAPTER!!!
Is anyone else struggling to keep up with the season 6 story line? I am. I can't keep up and I'm getting confused....considering writing my own story line from now on but I don't want to fail my story or let you all down so I'm asking very nicely to leave your comments and help me out, do I write my own or keep going?

Chapter 24

We've been here a little over a week now and Daryl had finished putting together that bike of his which meant only one thing, he was leaving.

I laid in bed, I didn't want today to come. I know I said he should go and that I believed he would always come home but our group has proven time and time again that anything can happen, but in saying that we have always found one another.

"I know ya awake," Daryl whispered in my ear and his arm wrapped around my waist.

"How?" I asked rolling onto my back.

"Cause ya stop snorin'," he laughed.

"I do not," I defended.

"Don't worry, it's cute," he smirked.

I punched him lightly in the shoulder and he pinned my arms above my head and hovered above me.

"Ya said ya wasn't worried 'bout me going out," he spoke.

"I know and I lied," I spoke, "I always worry Dare, it's my job."

"We'll be out two days tops, just wanna see how it goes."

I nodded, "I know."

He placed his lips on mine and it was full of passion, I pulled away.

"You better get ready," I smiled.

"Yeah," he agreed and he got out of bed and started to get dressed. I got out, got dressed in a clean bra, jeans and a shirt. I pulled on my boots and grabbed Daryl's bag, making sure he had everything he needed.

While he was in the bathroom, I wrote a quick note and shoved a surprise into the bottom of his bag. Hopefully he'll like it.

"I got everythin' woman," Daryl spoke as he approached me from the side, "I can pack my own bag."

"I know, was just checkin'," I smiled.

He kissed my cheek and we left the house to walk to Aaron's to grab the bike. I rode on the back to the gate and then hoped off. Daryl quickly climbed off and approached me.

"If ya don't want me to go," Daryl spoke, "Just say so."

"No you need to go, just wish I was out there with you," I replied, "Just stay safe."

He wrapped his arms around me and held me close, "I love you."

"I love you," I replied, "You and me right?"

"Against the world," he spoke as he quickly kissed me, hoped on his bike and off he went.

"Forever," I spoke softly as I watched him ride off.

Watching him ride off was horrible, I hated it. I mean all the times he was gone off and I couldn't stop it or it was because of other events and there was nothing I could do but this time, knowing I was letting him go, that I could have stopped it, was so much worse than anything else.

I started slowly walking back to our house but I stopped when I reached Aaron and Eric's place. I walked up the steps of the front porch and knocked on the front door. I heard a few hobbles and then the door opened.

"Charlotte," Eric smiled, "Lovely surprise, come on in."

He stepped to the side and I walked in, he closed the door behind us and hobbled past me to sit down on the couch.