Chapter 4

A/N hey everyone. So here's chapter 4 hope you all like it. I know it's still not entirely my own work but this stuff is important to the storyline and it won't be a short story so there will be plenty of time/chapters. There's also the beginning to the love between Charlotte and Daryl and I'm trying not to rush it so be patient with me.
IMPORTANT!!! I would really love some comments please take two seconds to let me know I'm doing well or horrible whatever your little hearts desire. I just want some feedback. Also I wanna hold a little contest. I need a girl and a boys name so please let me know. Winner gets a dedication and a character. Contest closes on the 23rd of August 2015. So please help a sister out.
Ok so on with the story :)

Chapter 4

"I will never leave your side, I will always be there to keep you safe."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

I look him in the eyes and I could see he was being genuine, he made a promise to my father and he looked like the type of guy to keep his promises.

He raised his crossbow and hit the walker in the head, stopping the groans and growls immediately. He looked at me again for a split second I saw something unknown in his eyes, but I couldn't put my finger on what it was.

"Come on, let's head back," he smiled as he turned around.

I followed as we started to make our way back to the highway. We were quiet and there was no noise around us either which was a concern. At night you could usually hear crickets or birds but tonight was as quiet as it could get.

"How'd you learn to track?" I asked breaking the silence.

"I don't know just picked it up I guess. It ain't hard if you can tell the difference in tracks," he replied. He stopped for a moment, "See how the leaves are all pushed here," he pointed to the ground, "If you move the leaves slightly you can tell there been something through here."

"A walker?" I asked seeing shuffled footprints.

"Good," he replied.

"Can you teach me to shoot?" I asked.

He nodded his head, "Mhmm."

I smiled a little, my best mate was meant to teach me but never got the chance before the world went to shit.

"When we get to this farm I will," he added.

Then we continued our way back to the highway. When we got back Dale and Carol were on top of the RV, Carol broke down, climbed down the RV and raced inside. She was obviously upset we didn't find anything. Dale hoped down as well and looked at Daryl, they exchanged some form of expression before Daryl too went inside.

"Did you find anything?" Dale asked me.

"Just another guy who opted out," I replied, "I'll take watch."

I walked to the back of the RV and climbed up the ladder, I sat on the chair that Dale had moved up there and started to look around, I saw nothing.

"Hey wanna break?" My head snapped towards the ladder to see Daryl climbing over the top.

"You scared me," I replied.

"Sorry didn't mean too."

"That's ok."

"You should get some sleep," Daryl spoke.

"I don't think I could."

"Here," he handed me a tin of food, "You need to eat."

"Thanks," I smiled.

"How's the ankle?"

"Sore but it's getting better. It's not blue anymore which is a good sign."