Chapter 12

A/N hey everyone. So here's chapter 12, bit of drama in this chapter but I'm sure you all saw that coming. There's also a bit of POV changing in this chapter tried to make it clear but if there is any confusion let me know.
This chapter is dedicated to minniemouse2879 for the amazing comments in the few previous chapters.
Also quick side note. I've been helping DixonCharm778 with her story Broken. It's an absolutely amazing story and I really am hoping she doesn't give up on it so if you amazing people could spare a few minutes to go over and read this story and leave some encouraging comments/messages that would be amazing :)
Don't forget that the best comment receives a dedication :) also I want to open another Q & A on this chapter and this chapter only (for now). Answer will be posted next chapter and hopefully I actually get a bit of a response this time :)
Anyways enough jibber jabber from me and on with the story :)

Chapter 12

Daryl's POV

We'd left the others on the road and just kept walkin'. I had nothin' to say to 'im though. Yeah he's my brother but whether he helped Char or not....I can't get over that he caused some of the pain she was in.

After what seemed like an eternity of walkin' we finally stopped.

"There ain't nothing out here but mosquitoes and ants," I spoke.

"Patience, little brother," Merle replied as he took a piss against a tree, "Sooner or later, a squirrel is bound to scurry across your path."

"Even so, that ain't much food," I spoke.

"More than nothin'."

"I'd have better luck going through one of them houses we passed back on the turnoff."

"Is that what your new friends taught you? Hmm? How to loot for booty?"

"We've been at it for hours. Why don't we find a stream, try to look for some fish?" I asked.

"I think you're just trying to lead me back to the road, man. Get me over to that prison."

"They got shelter. Food. A pot to piss in. Might not be a bad idea."

"And ya wife."

I went quiet, I did really want to get back to Char. She'd be out for hours, hopefully if I can get us back there before she wakes up, she'll never know I left 'er.

"Ain't gonna be no damn party for me," Merle spoke breaking the silence. If he were smart he'll shut up about Char.

"Everyone will get used to each other."

"They're all dead. Makes no difference."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Right about now he's probably hosting a housewarming party where's he gonna bury what's left of your pals and that beautiful ass of yours," he paused, "Let's hook some fish. Come on."

He better be wrong, but I knew deep down he was right. That guy was on his way, just hoping I can get back before anythin' bad happens to Char.

Glenn's POV

I don't know why I felt the need to lie to Charlie about where Daryl was, hell if I care about that asshole but Charlie needs to recover and if I told her she'd be gone.

I stayed with her until even when she fell back to sleep. Someone needed to stay with her. Keep her safe.

"Lying isn't gonna do her any good," I turned to find Herschel standing behind me.