Chapter 20 & 21: Exceptional Accidents

[AN: i didn't have much idea for chapter 20 so i combined it with 21 to make it simpler and better for me to write.xD enjoy babes]

[ ps : I didn't really know how college interviews worked i just used prior knowledge]

"Arielle , stay cool you got this." I whisper.

I'm meeting with the NYU admission board. I'm dressed in black skinnies , long sleeved cream top with my nude booties. I take a long breath and go inside of the building.

I close my eyes and stood still. The door was right in my path, in my grasp. I clutched the doorknob and turned it. The secretary let me up, you're meant to be here Elle pull your shit together.

"Please have a seat Arielle ," The head administrator instructs. I quietly sit in the chair across from him and slide my folder in front of me.

"From my understanding, you have a GPA of 4.8 currently, you live in Mystic Falls , Virginia. You are 17 years of age and have not been employed , but excellent work strategy , Miss Gilbert." He compliments. I smile and slide him my records. He opens them and chuckles.

"Clean record , except for the one time in seventh grade when you had detention for calling a student out of their name." He says giving me a look. My breath hitches.

"U-Uhm that was just because she told my twin and I to call her fat and I did." I said nervously. Hoping this doesn't cause me my opportunity.

"Its okay , overall all is well and we hope to be seeing you again next year when you are a senior , to check out dorms and all that jazz." The administrator replies. I nod my head quickly and get out of my seat.

"Oh and Arielle." He stops me. I pause and look back at him.

"Scholarships are open. A smart girl like you shouldn't be paying all that money." He adds. I nod and leave the room. I jump up and down , squealing.

"Yes! Nailed it!" I celebrated.

------------

I'm walking in Central Park and the weather is amazing. I love Mystic Falls but the weather can't compete with New York. I scheduled an earlier flight back tonight since I really didn't have much to do in New York. I had money I just have this feeling that I'm missing something. A shiver rings throughout my body and my arms fold at the sudden temperature drop. I turn around to see a far away figure in all black watching me.

I walk fast to the shuttle bus and all of a sudden everything froze except for me and I see Nayla.

"Nayla what the hell?" I asked her. "What are you doing?" She looks at me and walks closer.

"You're getting closer, love." She expressed in a teasing way. I furrowed my brows.

"Close to what, Nayla?" I questioned skeptically. A gush of wind hits me and time is back to normal. I search for Nayla but of course she disappeared in the speed of light.

I hop on the bus and plugged in my earphones.

"I go through some weird shit." I muttered. Letting my eyelids close, I slumber on the bus.

-----

My flight got in late last night. I decided to leave early since everything went well and I slid in Elena's bed. She rolls on me and I groan.

"Morning Stefan." She breathes. I look at her and hold my heart.

"I see how you feel." I say getting out of her bed. She tackles me and I groan loudly.