Chapter 17: Triple Dates , Battling Vampires & Uncovering Secrets

"I just can't believe I heard her voice." I tell Len and Carter. We had gathered this morning to talk about last night's events.

"What did she sound like?" She asked me. I glared at her.

"She sounded like her nose was stopped up." I said bluntly. Elena and Carter burst out laughing.

"Elle you're so mean!" Elena scolds repressing her smile. I shrug.

"What I'm being honest." I defend. I place my coffee cup in the sink and go upstairs to get changed.

I throw on my black high waisted skinny jeans , black suspenders and a black crop top with my knee high black suede boots. I'm going to the hair salon today so I'm not bothered by it right now. I'm too lazy to put on makeup now so I just rub vaseline on my lips. I grab my purse and car keys. Carter is letting me use hi car today and I'm happy because it's a matte black 2010 Mercedes C300. This car is life.

I drive to the salon which is just right outside of Mystic Falls , but it's not a long drive.

--

I'm back from the hair salon , made it just in time for school. Guess what ?

My hair got longer. I told the lady to trim it. Which she did it just grew back like that (snap). Everyone is staring at me but I just smile and clutch books closer to my chest until I found my sister , bestfriend and Stefan.

"Oh my God , Elle your hair is red! I love it." She shrieks giving me a tight hug. Elena runs her fingers through it and raised an eyebrow at me.

"This is where you ran off to this morning , the hair salon." She gaped. I smirk and turn towards Stefan who's in a trance. I roll my eyes and sighed.

"Enough about me , what's going on?" I questioned.

"Caroline wants us to go on a double date." Len filled in. I bit my lip and nodded.

"Cool beans." I responded.

"So , Elle do you want to join-" I place my books in my locker and cover my ears dramatically.

"Laalalalalalalalaala" I sing while Caroline is mouthing words.

---

I'm at the grill with sunglasses on waiting for Carter. The waitress comes up to me and hands me a lemonade. I sip it and the taste makes me fantasize about clouds made of lemonade , so good.

Minutes pass and I get bored and try to sneak away but Caroline calls my name.

"Damn it." I hiss. I keep walking but then I bump into Carter I smile and give him a small aneurysm. He hisses and I smile teasingly. I walk over to Matt , Caroline , Stefan and Elena's table. I removed my sunglasses a clasp them on my shirt.

"Matt , this is Carter. Carter , this is Matt." I introduced and they shake hands. "Len , you already know him. Care bear , this is Carter." Caroline waves and smiles.

"Steffie , Carter. Carter , Steffie." I finished. They shook hands and turned towards me.

"Y hemos terminado." I dismissed.

"Lets get a booth." Caroline suggests.

--

So I'm sitting across from Stefan next to Carter and it couldn't get any weirder.

"So Carter where did you and Elle meet?" Caroline asked everyone looks at him and he shares a half smile.

"The supermarket." He answered honestly. Caroline raised her eyebrows.