What Do You Think?

"Finally!  A day off!" Taemin sighed.

"I just want to sleep all day," Minho grumbled, barely awake.   

"Well, we have to do something.. We're not going to be in Japan again for ages,"

"Shopping. Duh," Key said, rolling his eyes.

Minho groaned, shutting his eyes tighter and shoving his face into a cushion. He was not in the mood to go help Key buy clothes. 

"For once, I actually agree with Key," Jonghyun scoffed.

"Really? Why can't we just relax?" Minho pleaded, his voice muffled.

"I need to buy a few things," 

Everyone wanted to go, except Minho, and since he didn't want to be alone all day, he joined them anyway, still reluctant. 

"So where do we go first?" Onew asked.

They looked up and down the crowded street, shops lined up both sides of the road.

"Clothes!" Key yelped, latching onto the nearest person and dragging them to a clothes shop. 

It was Taemin's unlucky day. The others waved and smirked as he was pulled away. They were relieved that they hadn't been today's victim.

"Uhh, anywhere else?" 

"An electronics shop?" Jonghyun suggested. 

Onew shrugged, and Minho nodded in agreement. 

"What do you need to buy then?" Minho asked. 

"Two things. A wedding present for my sister and Suho, and a gift for-"

"(y/n)?" 

"Yeah.." He admitted. 

He could feel his cheeks warming to a blush. But he couldn't look at them. It would be too embarrassing..

"What are you thinking of getting them?" Minho continued, kindly ignoring the flush of red that appeared on Jonghyun's cheeks.

"I want to get my sister a new camera. She told me she broke it the other day, and I know how much she likes photography. As for (y/n).. I'll know when I see something," 

They began wandering around the shop, searching for presents. The camera was easy, but that only made finding something else harder. Jonghyun was too indecisive for buying gifts, and was too stubborn to give up. Despite the suggestions from his two friends, he rejected all the ideas. Soon enough, Minho had ended up sitting on the floor, fed up. Even Onew had stopped trying, although he was only trying half-heartedly in the first place. Jonghyun was the only one left, walking hopefully up and down every single aisle. His energy slowly drained, and they were even asked whether they were actually going to buy anything. They got the hint.

"There's nothing," He whined. 

"We can try another shop," Minho patted his shoulder

"At least go buy the camera. You know, before we get kicked out," Onew instructed.

Jonghyun went up to pay for the sky blue camera, frustrated and annoyed with himself. Why couldn't he find the perfect present? Why was it so difficult? He ran his fingers through his hair, wishing that he had (y/n) to put it back into its rightful place. He trudged out of the shop with Minho and Onew, twisting the plastic bag containing the camera around in circles. He hadn't even noticed Key and Taemin approach. 

"Hyungs.. help me!" Taemin puffed, handing several shopping bags to Minho and Onew. 

Jonghyun glanced up, and giggled at the sight. Poor Taemin was overloaded with bags, yet all Key was holding was a coffee cup. How fitting.. He was vaguely listening to the conversation that was going on around him, but his mind was elsewhere. 

"I told you that you needed to improve your strength!" Key lectured. 

"Exactly how much did you buy?" Onew asked, counting up the bags. Fourteen in total. 

"As much as I needed to," Key replied smugly, taking a sip of his coffee. 

"Aish, you watch yourself Kibum," Onew huffed. 

 "Uhh, earth to Jjong!!" Key yelled in Jonghyun's ear.

"Yah! I'm on earth," He grumbled, rubbing his ear.

"Then why are you so spaced out? You're being weird,"

"I'm not being weird.. I'm just thinking,"  He denied.

"About what?!!" 

Jonghyun glanced up at Key, wondering whether to tell the truth, or lie. He knew he was a terrible liar, even though he tried to convince himself he wasn't. 

"Aishh, these kids. Come on, let's look around more shops so you can get (y/n) something nice, okay?The rest of you eat lunch. Especially you Minho, I've seen you skipping meals!" Onew sighed.

"What? I didn't skip any meals!" Minho protested.

"You're almost as bad at lying as Jonghyun is,"

"Now that, is insulting," Minho laughed.

Jonghyun scowled at Minho before going back to the bustling streets of Japan with Onew. They couldn't have been walking for longer than a minute when Onew stopped and turned to face Jonghyun.

"I know what you should give her," He sighed.

"What's that?" 

"This," 

He held out a little box with a white ribbon tied around it. Jonghyun took it hesitantly, and opened it carefully. He held the necklace that was inside between two of his fingers. He admired the beautiful detail on it. There was a star attached to the main chain, which sparkled in the bright sunlight.

"When did you buy this?" Jonghyun muttered.

"It feels like ages ago.. I brought it to celebrate her debut, but... things got in the way," 

"Thank you. It's perfect," 

"It can never be perfect.. But it's good enough," Onew smiled weakly.

"Just, promise me you'll take care of her, okay? I know you think I was being a prick breaking up with her like that, but I swear, I had a reason," 

"I know you did.. You said she cheated on you,"

"I lied. She's not the cheating type..."

"I know that,"

"It was Lee Soo-man.. He told me that he would terminate my contract if I didn't call it off. And (y/n)'s contract too. It doesn't matter any more though, she got kicked out anyway.. Never perfect," 

Jonghyun hugged him. He forgot about everything and just remembered that this was his hyung. His best friend. The person who had helped him become a better performer. The person who he had performed with for over seven years. The person who trained with him for 24 hours straight. The person who sent him into fits of laughter just by falling over. It was just Onew. 

"I know you're in love with her," Onew whispered.

Jonghyun stepped back and nodded slightly. 

He really did. 

Wow.