Making Dinner

You woke up and realised that you had absolutely nothing to do today until your Super Junior concert. You got up to ask the guys what they were up to today, but when you walked into the kitchen to get breakfast you were greeted by a note, rather than people. You sighed, and reluctantly read the unexpected note.

Dear (y/n),

I hope you slept well!

We had to leave early to practice a new dance routine for our awesome new song!! Can't wait until you listen to it.

We hope you won't get too bored without us, but we'll be back for dinner at 6pm.

Have fun and we'll see you soon :)

Love SHINee <3

Awww! It was sweet of them to leave you a note. You wondered what their new song would be like, and you couldn't wait either! Imagine being one of the first to listen to SHINee's new song.... Weird, right? You hoped that Taemin would be able to get back before the concert, otherwise you'd be going by yourself.

You still had the problem of what the heck were you going to do today?!?!

You re-read the note while eating some cereal, struggling to find inspiration and ideas.

Ah! You decided to prepare a HUGE dinner for them. That would keep them quiet for a while.

You scanned the shelves for recipe books, running your fingers down the spines, trying to decipher the Korean. In the end you gave up and just picked random books, flicked through them and looked at the images of the recipes. The cheats way of cooking with Korean recipe books! Luckily, a couple of recipes had been circled. You hoped that was a sign of a good meal...

First, there was nak jee bokkeum - pan broiled octopus seasoned with red pepper (according to google translate on your phone), then dak galbi - spicy stir-fried chicken, bossam - steamed pork and vegetables, kangsuyuk - sweet and sour beef, and finally, kimchi - basically loads of seasoned vegetables. One dish for each of them, and that should be plenty for six of you to share.

You started as soon as possible. You laid all the ingredients out on the counter and sighed at the challenge you just set yourself. This food had to be really good... dammit.

You spent hours and hours slaving over the stove, and you were trying to find a reason to keep on cooking. Your phone started buzzing, to your relief, and you leaped over to grab it.

"Hello!" You said gladly.

"(Y/N)!!!" Five voices screamed out of your phone. You jolted your phone away from you ear at the sheer noise they were making.

"Yah! What is it?!" You shouted back.

"We'll be back a couple of hours early, so we can eat dinner before going to our concert!"

You panicked about this sentence for a long few seconds for multiple reasons, before realising that you needed to say something.

"Uhh, GREAT!" You said loudly, and hung up on them.

You face palmed and threw your phone on the sofa in frustration with yourself. You hastily went back to the kitchen to finish the last dish before they got home. You had half an hour to get it done, tidy up, and put all the food on plates. You knew you could do it. You put on a playlist of your favourite k-pop songs, and turned up the volume to keep you going strong. And why did you end up buying two expensive tickets for a Super Junior one, when you could now go to a SHINee one??!!!?? How typical of life.... You quickly put them for sale online, so you would get at least some of your money back.

Sure enough you had finished with five minutes to spare, so you slouched down on the sofa next to your phone. Just as you were about to close your eyes, you could hear them opening the door.

"Why are you playing your music so loud (y/n)?!" Key shouted over the top of it.

You had completely forgotten to turn the music off, and you apologised profusely.

"I'm sorry! But to make it up to you, I've made you guys a big good luck meal before your concert!"

"WOOAAAHHHH!" They all squealed in shock of the effort you had put into making this food for them.

Nothing much was said through dinner, but you were pretty sure the food was going down well since they gave you many reassuring smiles.

You were glad that the whole day had paid off.