Just Wait

You didn't sleep. The fact that your closest friends would be gone in a matter of hours played on your mind, and worried you. You wished that the days you spent with them had lasted longer. A year was a long time, after all..

They were sat around the kitchen table in silence, eating their breakfast. You didn't even get to make them pancakes. Their suitcases were lined up neatly, in a row, ready to go. Of course, Key had to have two cases. 

"A year will fly by," Key assured you.

"You'll probably have a better time without us annoying you all the time," Taemin sighed.

"And that annoyance will be the part that I miss the most," You smiled, pinching Taemin's cheek.

"Yah! Don't lie!" He said, smacking your hand away. 

As they got up to put on their shoes on, you did the same, but you were stopped.

"No, you're not coming with us to the airport," Jonghyun told you, grabbing your shoes, and holding them up too high for you to reach. 

"Hey! Why not!?" You protested.

"Because then it will be ten times harder to actually leave. If you come, I'll either come back home with you, or take you on the airplane with me. But if you stay here, there's a chance that I might be able to go, so please, stay here," 

You looked down at the floor. You still wanted to spend every last second with you could with him, but if it was easier if you didn't go with them, you wouldn't. When you sat down, Jonghyun sat beside you, fiddling with something around his wrist.

"I want you to have this," He said, holding out his silver bracelet to you.

His hand was warm, while the metal bracelet was surprisingly cold.

"Thank you, but why do you want to give it to me?" You asked.

"Well, when you get this sort of bracelet, you have your biggest fear engraved on the inside of it, and once you've conquered it, you take it off," He explained, putting the bracelet around your own wrist. 

"So what was your fear?" You asked, trying to see what was written on the inside. 

"Don't look! I'm trusting you! When you take it off, you're meant to pass it on to someone who helped you overcome the fear, so I want you to wear it. But don't look!" 

"But I'm curious!" 

"Think of it this way.. Just wait for me to get back, and we'll look at it together, okay?" 

"Promise?"

"Promise. And you promise to wait for me?" He grinned.

"Of course! I promise!" You said, giving him one last hug.

The last hug from him that you would get for a year. He gave the best hugs, the ones that make you feel warm and fuzzy inside, and happy.

You hugged the others goodbye one by one, growing more sad with each hug. 

"We're going to miss you!" Minho said.

"I'm going to miss you all more!" You insisted, as they filed out of the door with their suitcases.

You waved for as long as you could, until they were out of your sight. Now you were stuck alone. Your best friends had left you to tour the world, Jason was at school, your other friends were in America, and anyone else you knew was rehearsing at their various companies. 

You spent the day alone in the empty dorm, thinking over your life and daydreaming. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow wow wow!!

 1K reads!! 

Like, what?!?! 

Thank you for sticking with this story for so long! I never ever expected to get so much happiness out of writing this story and from seeing your feedback to it! 

Kamsahamnida! <3