Chapter 26 - A deadly fall.

Start from the beginning

“More than they already do?” Jordan laughed.

“Thank you once again.”

“Let’s get some sleep now, it’s getting dark,” Hollie instructed.

Jay set a small floating fire in the centre of some trees and sat beside it for a good half hour, sharpening his blade with a rock before sleep.

He stared into the flames smiling and watching them dance magically in the night air. It made him extremely relaxed and his eyes were dropping, soon enough he was ready for bed.

Jay yawned and stretched as he woke from an unsettled sleep. He reached up with his arms and hit the back of his head on the tree he was leaning on.

He yelped and then stumbled onto his feet. No one was up, so he decided to cook something up for his breakfast.

He rooted around in Hollie’s bag and finally bought out what he was looking for, the miniscule meals. He took out one small bag and one tiny saucepan. Then he placed them on the ground next to the fire, the bag inside the pot, and then whispered the enlarging spell,

Ginormius.

Suddenly, the saucepan erupted into full size and so did the mixture of foods in the bag. Carrots and potato were not the things he was thinking of, but they were better than nothing.

“Cooking some breakfast?” Hollie questioned dropping to the ground beside him.

“Yeah, didn’t here you get up.”

“Up before you, but couldn’t be bothered to come down to cook, eh, breakfast…” she glanced inside the pot. “Carrots and potato?”

“I think I got the wrong bag,” Jay laughed.

“Actually it’s probably better if we have something like that. Fill us up more, we don’t know how long we’ll be in there.” Hollie picked up the pot, placed it onto the floating fire, and water seemed to fill it.

“Oh, thanks.”

“It’s alright, I’ll go get some plates then.” Hollie wondered over to her bag to fetch some paper plates.

Half an hour later, all five of them were awake, and all fed and watered. Hollie had transfigured some leaves into wax, just in case there were, as Poseidon had warned, sirens in the temple. Each of them had been given some, and then they were all set to go.

“So now we can take a look at this shielding.” Hollie sprang up from her log that she was sat on, and pulled over her bag.

“Technically, as you said yesterday, there’s no way anyone can see the shielding, so we can’t have a look at it.”