The Glade

I wake up. Cold yet sweating, I slowly rise up and look around squinting. It is dark, probably somewhere in the middle of the night. I use my first instinct and grab my dagger out of my pocket then look around for any signs of grievers. None. I lean against one of the tall, grey walls and listen for a noise. Anything. I stand there for a couple of minutes until I hear some shouts and the maze changing, then I look around and find some long, sturdy vines and start climbing. My hands slip a couple of times but I manage to scramble to the top, I stand up, arms out for balance and look around. Then I hear the dreading sound of a griever, as I have been in the maze for at least one year now, I know exactly what to do when I come across one. Climb a wall and stay still, as grievers are very dumb and have a bad sense of smell and sight but can hear very well. Suddenly, I hear footsteps, human foot steps (two in fact). I glance down and see two teenage boys both dark hair and pretty muscular, they seem to be dragging a limp body of another boy who looks a little bit older than them and with darker skin. I observe them as they tie the lifeless body with some vines and pull him up. I raise my eyebrows, impressed, as many boys who get trapped in the maze are stung and stupid, but these were different. A good kind of different. One of them shouts and runs away as a terrifying griever noise echoes off the cold, stone walls of the maze. The other boy looks around and then hide beneath some vines, just as a griever appears around the corner. I quickly lie down and try not to make a noise, listening to the sounds of metal being dragged across the ground. I wonder what to do now. 'Should I help the boy under the vines? Or stay up here for my own safety?'. I lay there for a couple of seconds and finally make a decision, 'I have to help them, all the bloody grievers can hear them'. I stand up  and grip the vines firmly, then swing across. The creature hears me immediately and leaps to grab my legs but misses and falls back down to the ground with a loud thump. I fall to the ground and land on my two feet then yell at the confused creature, it looks and then charges at me with its full force. I run down and stop right in-front of a wall then wait for the beast. Just before it hits me I skid to one side and it hits the wall with all its force. I look at its crushed body and smile 'one down a couple more to go'. Just then I see the sun start to rise, I frown and check my watch 'I must have overslept'. I peep around the corner and see the boy looking around, looking for me. The other boy turns runs up to him and he says something and they start to run in the other direction. I notice something glimmering in the sunlight just where the two teenage boys were standing, I walk up to it and pick it up. Its a knife. I curiously follow them to return the knife, keeping my distance so I am not visible to them. Then they run through some kind of opening, one I have never seen before. I walk through it and look around. The grass is a mossy green colour and there are plants and trees everywhere and most of all boys. They look at me some confused and some scared. I walk up to the boy from the vines and hold out the knife to him.
"You forgot your knife, " I say
He smiles.

Hey guys,
This is my first chapter my Maze Runner fan fiction, hope you enjoyed it. Don't forget to comment and like
X