chapter6

Kinza woke up startled from her nightmare. It was a nightmare; a lone tear escaped from her eyes. She hiccuped as she recited Kalima-e-Tauheed. Wiping her tears, she looked at the watch; it was time for Tahajjud. She was feeling uneasy in her room; the nightmare scared her to death. She prayed to Allah SWT for daniyal's well being and safety. After performing Ablution(Wudu), she went out as she was scared to be alone now.

"Heena aunty would have gotten up for Tahajjud," Kinza thought to herself. Walking downstairs, she dialed Heena's number.

"Kinza beta? Are you alright?"Heena asked on the phone.

"Yeah aunty, I just wanted to talk to you," Kinza replied absently.

"Okay, I am coming," Heena rushed out of the room and found Kinza sitting in the hall, fidgeting uncomfortably.

"What happened, dear?" Heena asked worriedly with a soft tone, sitting beside her.

"Umm..nightmare," Kinza spoke diffidently resting her head on Heena's shoulder as Heena stroked her hair soothingly.

"It's just a dream Kinza, don't take it too seriously. I will give Sadaqah to someone who needs them in the morning," Kinza nodded and closed her eyes.

____________

"I got a call from Kouser; she has invited you and me for packing the engagement things, but I can't come as am going to Ayaan's home," Heena informed Kinza.

"Yeah, Iram told me. It'd have been great fun if Safina was here," Kinza smiled, thinking about Safina; she was really missing her a lot.

"Safina would have taken the excitement to another level; hopefully she will attend the wedding," Heena replied in agreement with Kinza.

"In shaa Allah."

"By the way, aren't you buying any dress for the engagement?" Heena inquired Kinza, who was busy chatting on her phone.

"I bought a lavender dress and a chiffon dupatta when I went to the boutique with safi..  its a pretty gown, just need to stitch lining under the sleeves as it has a net.  I will wear that on the engagement day and I need to buy accessories," Kinza replied, engrossed in the thought of that day when Daniyal had bought the necklace. She liked the lavender pearl necklace so much; it looked really beautiful,  but because of Daniyal, she didn't buy it.

"I will ask Daniyal to take you for shopping and then drop you at Iram's home," Heena said reasonably.

"But you are going to Ayaan's place? Right? Can you drop me at Iram's home?" Kinza asked, trying to sound casual as she didn't want to sound too pleading. She didn't want to go with Daniyal, and on top of that, he will annoy her while she is shopping.

"Yeah, but I will go after evening and Kouser has invited you for lunch, so get ready soon, Dani will be arriving soon," Heena informed.

"Okay," Kinza sighed defeatedly due to the fact that she had run out of lame excuses of not wanting to go with Daniyal.

__________

Kinza left with Daniyal to Iram's home. She still wasn't able to forget that nightmare, which kept bothering her.

"When is your flight to London?" Kinza inquired as Daniyal was driving silently.

"After Ayaan's engagement," He answered stopping the car in front of the jewelry boutique.

"I told you earlier Daniyal, I don't wanna buy anything with you," Kinza bellowed; she had told him earlier not to stop by any boutique as she wasn't interested, but still he was stubborn.