Chapter 15

Lucy's eyes slowly creaked open at the sound of a soft murmur. Her friends were in her room finally. Wendy and Levy sat in chairs on the left side of her bed with Erza and Juvia standing behind them. The two boys, Gajeel and Gray stood in the corner of the room, staring down at the hospital bassinet where Nashi was sound asleep. Natsu wasn't anywhere.

Lucy slowly sat up and Levy looked at her, smiling but spoke softly. "How're you doing, Lucy?"

Lucy smiled back at her friend as the rest of the group caught sight that she was awake. "Better. She was a toughie." Lucy spoke hoarsely as she gazed in the direction of the bassinet. "Where's Natsu?"

"He went to go get you food. He said that he would get better food than hospital food." Wendy responded.

Food.

"What about Nashi? I gotta feed her." Lucy quickly said, sitting up straight.

When did babies need food? Right after they were born? Oh no...

"Don't worry, Lucy. Natsu.. Erm, "helped" you feed her while you were asleep." Erza spoke up from behind Levy.

Lucy felt her face get hot. He had her feed Nashi while she was asleep? "Y-You guys weren't in here during that, right?" She stuttered.

Gray chuckled, "Don't worry, we didn't see anything. But he acted so proud about it." He added, rolling his eyes.

Lucy nodded, calming down. "C-Can I see her?"

Levy quickly obliged by getting up and skillfully picked up the little child who was still wrapped in her flaming blanket. The blue-haired woman gently laid her in Lucy's arms. Lucy didn't really focus on her daughter's features when she first held her since she was so disoriented but now that she fully saw her, she knew that she was absolutely perfect.

Nashi's eyes were now open and chocolate brown stared at each other. Punk tufts sat lightly on her head which made her resemble Natsu a lot since not many people had pink hair. The newborn's hands stuck out of her blanket and reached up to her mother, making Lucy smile. The blond mage gently took her daughter's hand and the small fingers wrapped around the bigger one, gripping it.

Lucy grinned until she noticed the other people in the room but when she looked up, they were all looking at her with awe and interest.

That's when Natsu walked in with a bag full of food.

"Hey, Luce, I got you chicken, sweet potatoes, red velvet cupcakes, oranges, peanuts, chi-" The dragon slayer got cut short by his wife.

"Natsu, I just gave birth I don't need a whole buffet... But I probably will eat all of that." Lucy added with a smile at her husband.

The group chuckled and Natsu smiled, walking over to them. "How're my girls?" He asked, leaning over the bed, wrapping his free arm around Lucy's shoulders, gazing down at Nashi.

"Great. Only one of us is hungry so," Lucy reached towards the bag while holding her child with her other hand.

"But I just fed her!" Natsu complained.

"Not her, me! And we need to talk about that." Lucy smirked.

Natsu grinned then set the bag beside her before taking Nashi into his arms.