Chapter 6

The next 2 months, Natsu and Lucy hadn't gone on any jobs. Lucy, because she didn't wanna get sick or hurt her baby if they'd gone in battle. Natsu wouldn't go on one because he wanted to be by Lucy's side every second, literally. Every. Single. Second.

Erza, Gray, and Wendy actually wanted to help with their rent money so every week they went on a job that deserves over 4,000 jewels and gave all the money to Lucy and Natsu. Lucy kept protesting and trying to give the money back but the group refused.

"You're gonna be a mother, Lucy," Wendy and Erza stated after giving the celestial mage the money. "You're not just gonna spend that money on rent, you're gonna need it for all your craving foods."

"Craving foods?" Lucy puzzled. She knew she was gonna get cravings but she was gonna spend some of that money on it?

Erza nodded, "You're house will be filled with food, the food that you crave and Natsu's every day food."

That was true. The fire dragon-slayer nearly ate everything in the house each day. Now the couple had to pay double the appetites and everything the baby will need.

Wait.

Baby will need.

Lucy started to worry. "Wait, I-I need to get a crib, clothes, pacifier, blankets, dia-" She was cut short by Wendy.

"Lucy, you're only 2 months pregnant! You've got 7 months to get all that stuff," She assured her friend.

"Plus, if you do get all that stuff now, it'll juat gather dust and your child will sneeze when it spends its first night here." Erza added.

Lucy sighed. "Alright, i'm sorry I've just never done this before but i'm gonna try my best to do it right."

Erza smiled. "Good. Wendy and I will help you in any way and all of Fairy Tail will."

Wendy nodded in agreement. "So how's Natsu doing with the baby?"

"He's like a magnet. I think today's the only day he's left me alone, well to go get something from the guild. But he's actually happy to have the baby, thank god." Lucy smiled.

Erza's glare appeared. "He better. Lucy, you tell me if he's slacking from the father/husband duties and I'll straighten him out.

Lucy sweat-dropped. "Are you looking for a reason just to beat Natsu up?" She questioned.

"Maybe."

"Erza-san!" Wendy squealed. "Natsu's a good husband to Lucy, he cares about her and will do anything for her... I think."

Lucy rolled her eyes, grinning. "Alright alright. You guys can stop criticizing my husband and go home."

"Okay, tell us if you need anything! Anything!" Wendy said with a hug and the two mages left the house.

Lucy stretched after setting the money on the counter in the kitchen. "Should probably make dinner before Natsu comes home," She said to herself and started cooking.

Erza might've been right, Lucy was really feeling like having salmon.

I swear if Happy is the cause of that craving..

Lucy shrugged the thought off and kept up the work, eager for the delicious fish.

Natsu banged open the door, causing Lucy to flinch.

"Natsu, you're gonna break-" Again, her voice was cut off when Natsu grabbed her hugged her tightly before looking her over, almost looking for wounds.

"Are you okay? Is the baby okay?" The wizard bent down to Lucy's stomach
height and put his ear to her stomach while Lucy sighed.

"It's rumbling, the baby's having a seizure!" Natsu exclaimed.

"Natsu. I'm hungry." Lucy narrowed her eyes.

"Oh," Her husband's voice quieted down as he stood up. "Then why don't you eat?"

Lucy hit her palm on her forehead before pointing at the oven where the salmon was cooking.

"You really need to stop worrying over me, Natsu. I can take care of myself, even if a baby's added to that." Lucy said, looking into his eyes.

Natsu sighed then held her close and rested his chin on her head.

"Sorry, Luce. I just worry." He murmured.

Lucy smiled, "It's okay, it's your job to worry."

The two stayed like that until Natsu broke the silence.

"Hey, Luce?"

"Hm?"

"When's dinner gonna be ready?"