Chapter 7

Lucy was now 6 months pregnant. And she hated it.

Her ankles her starting to get sore, she was gaining weight rather quickly (From both the baby and double food) and her emotions are on a roller coaster that were to last for 9 months.

Her last one was the worst. She had summoned Taurus, one of her celestial spirits to practically body guard her bedroom door while she sobbed inside.

It wasn't a crying experience where she just cried for no reason like most of her meltdowns. She had a reason. Lucy wasn't ready to have a child.

She sat on the foot of her bed, her clenched fists resting on her lap as tears streamed down her cheeks, some landing onto her swollen stomach that stuck out of her body.

In the beginning of her pregnancy, Lucy had been ready. Now she was over looking some of the things needed for children and Lucy wasn't sure she could provide that for her child.

Suddenly Lucy lifted her head, still crying as she heard mooing and muffled talking outside the door. Natsu and Happy must've come home.

She couldn't make out what they were saying but there was a sound of cracking like fire was burning, most-likely Natsu's magic and a very loud, yet cut-short, moo.

Lucy quickly tried to wipe her wet eyes but her nose continued to sniffle and her mouth continued to hiccup as Natsu quickly opened the door and walked in, an unconscious Taurus laying in front of their doorway with Happy sticking his tongue out at the spirit as he followed Natsu but the male dragon slayer quickly shut the door in the blue cat's face.

A muffled "Aye!" Sounded through the door but Natsu and Lucy ignored it as Natsu crouched down in front of her, taking her balled up fists into his warm hands and looked at her worriedly.

"Luce, what's wrong?" He asked kindly.

Lucy didn't look at her husband and just let more tears leak out.

Natsu leaned towards her, almost giving her a puppy dog eye begging face.

The mage sighed shakily, "I-I'm just not sure if I'm ready to have a baby..."

Natsu frowned then moved his hands up and wiped her tears, kissing her forehead then leaning his forehead onto her's. He returned his hands to her's, this time she returned the gesture, clutching his hands softly.

"Luce, I'm scared too. Trust me. I was raised by a dragon and that wasn't a very good lesson on parenting but I promise you that we'll get by. We're going to be great parents." He smiled at her after he finished.

Lucy smiled softly back.

The salamander's smile turned into a grin. "There's my girl's smile."