Chapter 14

It hurt so much. Each contraction felt like someone was crushing Lucy's insides then letting go only to crush them again.

The nurse said that she had dilated 4 centimeters but she had to reach 10 in order for the baby to come. Causing Lucy to groan and let her head fall back onto Natsu.

Natsu sat behind Lucy on the bed so that her head could lay on his warm chest and he placed his hands on her belly, rubbing it soothingly, which sort of calmed her down. He kept kissing her head and murmuring things.

'God, I love him.'

Juvia had brought their hospital bag which had some clothes for Lucy and some for the baby. They of course didn't know the gender so they just got unisex pajamas and other stuff. The rest of the group was outside in the waiting room. Only the father could be in the delivery room apparently. What a stupid rule.

Lucy flinched and squeezed her eyes shut, waiting the contraction out. But as time progressed, the contractions started to get longer and more painful and closer together, not giving the mage a break.

Lucy whimpered then Natsu tucked her head under his chin and wrapped his arms around her. "Luce, it's gonna be ok. You're gonna be ok, I promise." Again, he lightly kissed the top of her head, keeping his lips there for a moment before returning to tucking her head under him.

Lucy smiled a little bit and reached her hands up so they could hook around his arms that were holding her. "Hopefully..."

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Lucy fell back weakly onto her husband after her final push and yell, panting heavily. Hearing a baby's cry, she slowly creaked open her eyes and they were covered again by tears and she smiled.

"It's a girl." The doctor stated and smiled, handing her to the nurse who quickly ran out to get her cleaned up and the doctor followed after telling the couple the baby's health so far.

Lucy felt Natsu's arms pull and hold her closer and she felt his grin on her ear as he murmured, "Great job, Luce. You did great." He turned her head and kissed her repeatedly on her forehead and cheek before laying her back on his chest.

The blond gratefully collapsed back onto him, still breathing heavy a bit but soon it calmed down. "Couldn't do it without you." She breathed out.

A few minutes later the nurse came back with their daughter wrapped in the soft blanket that Mirajane had sewn for her. It was a pink, soft plush blanket that Lucy thought could last forever with a darker set of flames along the edges, which Lucy thought was weird for a baby blanket but Natsu loved them. The flames had a little magic to them so they are a mixture of soft flowing colors. Lucy loved that part about it and it was all so soft, even the flames.

The little bundle got placed into Lucy's arms, which were still weak so Natsu placed his arms under her's from behind to support her and the baby.

The nurse smiled kindly after saying a congratulations and walked out. Lucy felt more tears rush into her eyes as Natsu gazed at their daughter with his head on top of Lucy's. "She's perfect." He murmured.

The baby was in fact, small, smaller than an average newborn but the doctor said that she was perfectly healthy. She had a tuft of Natsu's pink hair and her eyes were closed so they didn't know their color. The blanket was wrapped so that only her head and some of her neck was visible.

Lucy had tears running down her cheeks and held the baby close and murmured, "Hey, sweetie." The baby seemed to wiggle a little at the sound of her voice, making Lucy's grin widen.

The mage heard a sniffle above her where Natsu was and turned to see him crying happily and squeezing her and the baby into a tight hug, "I didn't know you cried." Lucy teased.

Natsu chuckled lightly then leaned his head down to her shoulder so he got close enough to kiss the baby's forehead.

"I was thinking Nashi?" Lucy added, her voice sounding more tired. She felt Natsu nod. "Perfect. Now you should get some rest." Natsu murmured as he lifted Nashi up to him over Lucy so that her hands fell to her lap. The Salamander gently moved out from behind Lucy, holding Nashi carefully with one hand and laid his wife down with the other.

Lucy slowly turned, watching Natsu sit in a chair right next to her bed and cradled Nashi, smiling down at her. Lucy smiled, gosh she couldn't stop smiling.

Natsu leaned towards Lucy and kissed her forehead, "I love you, Lucy."

The mage grinned, "I love you too, and you as well" She added, reaching out to gently poke Nashi's stomach.

Natsu chuckled then nodded and leaned back as Lucy fell asleep.