Prompt - The new perfume

******************hiii, just a short blurb about the new perfume! i felt inspired so I wrote something :) It does reflect my negative views of this though but not all of my views. Hopefully this isn't too contravercial that you'll want to rip my head off! love xxx 

ps - it's kind of rough and unedited but i just wanted to share in my flash of inspiration.

Harry's p.o.v

“This is it?” her hands curling around the bottle as she examined it with a look of disgust on her face. Her curls were gathered in one hand, a tic she did when she was concentrating. Her lips were pursed and eyes squinted in concentration behind her large glasses. “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

“That’s it.” I replied bluntly, running my hand through my pushed back hair. I wasn’t upset by her feelings on the perfume, yet I couldn’t control the slight edge I was feeling as she eyed six months work with an infallible expression. I knew exactly what she was thinking, her fine-tuned mind for marketing processing the product and evaluating. Living with a woman with a career in marketing was a pain and a blessing all in one. Elle was intelligent but incredibly annoying when you were in a boy-band.

“It’s going to be a flop, you know that right?” Point proven: annoying. “This bottle costs what £90 and-”

“Sixty.” I pointed out.

“Whatever. Your faces are on the box, and as cute as it is, it’s also a downfall. It won’t be able to attract an older market and the girls are too young to afford it. And a summer’s day? You’ve got to be kidding me? That’s not even close to sexy or cute; it’s basically a cheap body mist. It's a money grabber and you know it.” The bottle landed with a soft thud on the sofa in front of her before her legs stretched out over the arm at the far end, toes pointed like she was sitting at a corporate desk in one of those fashion movies. I huffed angrily and crossed my arms. She was right, about everything, and I couldn’t stand it. I was so excited to show her, finally reveal the work we had accomplished. I wanted to see her smile when she saw the product and nod in approval. Instead the opposite happened.

“I don’t know how I tolerate you sometimes,” I mumbled and walked to the kitchen. I pulled out the bottle of Amaretto and poured myself a much needed drink, taking swig before pressing the heels of my hands to my eyes. Moments passed and I could hear her placing the perfume in the box and placing it on the counter behind me. I continued to look out the small window in resistance as I felt her arms wrap around my torso and her forehead loll against my back.

“I’m sorry, Harry.” She murmured, kissing between my shoulder blades. “I know this means a lot to you and I’m sorry for ruining your moment.” Her voice was soft and muffled against my back. I sighed as she nuzzled her nose into my shirt and squeezed me tighter into her embrace.

“It’s okay,” I sighed once more, giving in. “I respect your opinion.” I unlocked her small hands and turned around. In one fluid movement we were chest to chest, kissing. I couldn’t blame her for being the way she was - bitchy and critical – since her sharp mind was one of the many things I loved about her and allowed her to be successful in her career.

“The bottle’s cute though,” she smiled into the kiss. “Kinda like a knock off of a mix of Ellie Saab, Coach and Lancôme if you ask me.”

 I let out a burly laugh and l kissed her nose, watching her eyes shine with amusement. “You’re impossible, but I love you for it.” 

so that's it! please let me know your opinions (not too nasty please) and how YOU feel about this new fragrance! 

oh and read Flower Girl (liam short fic)

Ella.xxx