Chapter Eight

Here we go! Chapter 8, finally! Hope you enjoy :) pleasee leave your feedback either here or one my twitter, I really like knowing what you think. I'm also on tumblr, if you prefer reading there. enjoy! 

Elle's p.o.v

It was a good effort, I could not take away from that, but something didn’t feel right. This had to be some kind of peace-treaty to try to make up the distance he had put between us with his harsh words. There was no way I was going to be able to forgive him this easily.

“You didn’t have to, really.” I mumbled as I watched my toes as they wiggled the thick gray socks I wore. I wasn’t expecting this at all. He clearly put such an effort into making my homecoming perfect when shortly ago he couldn’t say a sentence in a volume under a scream. He could be so confusing at times, a habit that really bothered me. I couldn’t make eye contact as he explained to me how he wanted to make everything perfect for when I got home. His words rang through my mind, increasing my frustration towards him. I shook my head violently at him, unable to speak another word.

“Elle, look at me.” Liam’s command was not threatening in nature, more assertive, but it still hit a nerve. I pushed my way through him and into the kitchen, abandoning him in the doorway. The slamming sound of cupboards filled the space between us as I searched through the unfamiliar room. I couldn’t take his talk anymore and I needed something to drown out the nattering of his voice. The fridge contained what I was searching for and I pulled out the bottle and a small glass from the cupboard and set them on the counter.

“I knew there would be something in the house,” I murmured to myself as I poured the amber liquid into the shot glass and threw the contents back. The unexpected burn hit my throat as I looked down at the bottle and made a face: straight up tequila, delightful. I hadn’t paid much attention to my choice; I just needed something to help ease the bullshit coming out of Liam’s mouth.

“Since when do you drink again?”

“Since you started talking. Besides, today is the first day I can start back up and I’m taking full advantage.” I cocked back my head and took another shot, the burning sensation not quite as unbearable as the last few.

“Elle, stop. You’ll make yourself sick like that,” Liam grabbed the bottle and held it away from me before I could pour myself yet another shot. My face felt hot and my body began to tingle as I clumsily reached for the bottle. My words slurred as I whined for him to give me back the tequila. The half emptied bottle was pushed onto the top of the fridge and out of reach before he stepped back and watched me, cross armed. His jaw was set and the veins in his neck protruded through the skin as he gaged my reaction.

“Fuck off, Liam.” I spat, stumbling to get a stool to stand on so I could reach the top where my bottle was held captive. Once in place, I climbed onto the wood and eased myself into a standing position. My confidence waned as the legs wobbled beneath me. I was close to grasping the neck of the bottle when my legs were knocked out from under me and I started to fall. My body was caught in Liam’s arms and I was carried bridal style through the kitchen and into the living room, much to my protest. It clearly had been his intentions to get me to do as he wanted. My head spun from the alcohol and I my eye sight blurred as he carried me along.

“I will not let you hurt yourself,” his voice was laced with venom while I kicked out my legs in sequence in hopes to escape the iron grip of Liam’s arms. I was set down onto the sofa with slight aggression and I lay back covering my eyes to keep the room from twirling. “Why do you always do this to yourself?” he asked flatly.

I looked up and into the sincere expression set on Liam’s features. I had a moment and sobriety and pulled myself together to look at my best friend. “You don’t control me.” I sneered while sitting up.

“Is this what this was about?” His arms flew out from their crossed position, movements too quick for my drunken mind to process. He was angry and exposing a new side to him I hadn’t seen for a very long time. “You think I want to control you because Elle, you could not be more wrong. You can be so immature sometimes, running off and doing the exact opposite of what I suggest. You can’t just get drunk and stop reality. I know exactly what all this is about. Harry, he’s the fucking cause of this. Elle, he’s seriously a messed up guy. He’ll do what he does to every other girl, make you fall for him and move on so fast your head will spin. Trust me, I’ve seen it over and over again, and I will not let that happen to you again. I know you don’t remember but you have pretty poor judgement when it comes to guys.”

“Why do you care so much?” I whispered, hoping he wouldn’t hear me while he continued his lecture. I lurched myself forward and off the sofa. My knees trembled and my center of balance was off as I made my way to the stairs. I had absolutely no idea where I was going, but I wanted to find place to be alone. “I’ll be fine on my own. You can let yourself out now.”

Liam clutched my wrist before I could escape and I was spun around to face him. I struggled to free myself, but his grip was too strong. “Liam, let go.” I squirmed as he grabbed my other wrist.

“No.”

Panic paralyzed me as I closed my eyes and attempted to cover my face with my hands. I was pressed against the bottom post of the banister and couldn’t move. Liam had never been aggressive and I was terrified by what he was going to do in his streak of rage. My wrists throbbed as I pulled and tensed. My head felt heavy and my body slow as the alcohol weakened me.

 I was completely baffled when I felt Liam crush his lips to mine. They were soft in contrast to the force he used to kiss me. My arms slacked, letting my defenses slip and the bitterness fade. I kissed him back as my body sunk slightly into his. My wrists were release and his fingers wound their way through my hair and to the back of my head, holding me in place. He tasted like cinnamon, exactly how I expected him too. I felt myself smile into the kiss, completely at ease. He only pulled away so we could catch our breaths and look at me. “Will you listen to me now?”

I nodded and looked down at my hands. I had placed them on Liam’s chest and I watched them slip down his torso and to his stomach. His muscles flexed slightly under my finger tips and his forehead touched to the top of my head. I couldn’t think as he moved his lips to kiss my temple down to my jaw before pressing them softly to mine once again.

“Just consider what I’m saying to you. I don’t want to control you, Elle,” He mumbled against my lips. I nibbled on his bottom one and kissed him again. It felt right, like we knew exactly what we were doing despite never having kissed before. I could predict Liam, what he was going to do, where his hands were going to be and it was comforting.

“Now let me show you the rest of your house,” He purred, looking at me with his deep brown eyes. I nodded once again and let his fingers weave their way through mine so I could be brought on a tour of my home. 

Hope you enjoyed! Tell me what you think! especially for this chapter :) ALSO please share this story if you like it, would mean a lot :)

Ella.xx

@imagineourhigh