Chapter Five

Here's Chapter 5! Hope you enjoy! please tell me if you ship Helle or Eliam! :)

Niall’s p.o.v

My favorite part of being in the studio had always been the atmosphere. The way the lights gave a serene vibe to the rooms, the humming of machinery, the comfortable leather sofas. The thing I had always hated was the lack of food anywhere in the entire building. There was always the occasional vending machine, but no matter how many snacks were dumped out for me to eat, I could never satisfy my cravings. Hannah’s hair was soft under my touch as I ran my fingers through it. I smiled as her body curled and her hand wrapped around the top of my thigh. She had fallen asleep a bit ago and I had enjoyed watching her. The five of us had been recording individual verses and rehearsing the new album the entire morning, a task that was by no means interesting to be around for. I felt bad every time someone came to the studio with us because it was by no means as exciting as people made it out to be. The five of us floated in and out of the booths, stretching our voices until we were released to send in the next vocal victim. I didn’t mind the repetition, more the time breaks in between.

“C, Harry,” I instructed to the mop of curly hair sitting across the room from me. Harry had been trying to learn to play the guitar for a while and I was surprised at the progress he had made so far. He had picked up it so willingly and really put his mind to learning how to play. The original intentions had been revealed as to why he was so eager to learn and I smiled at the memory of when he told me he wanted to learn a song for Elle so she would go out with him. He wanted it to be cute when he finally asked her and even wrote a quick song to sing. I remembered how he said tears had run down her cheeks when she agreed to go out with him. It was so long ago and so much had changed since then, almost as though the world had turned upside down. There were so many stories and moments since the five of us were formed as One Direction and I was nostalgic about it all.

“Okay, I’m hungry! Who wants lunch?” Zayn stood up suddenly to make his announcement. My stomach rumbled again and I moved to compensate. I bent over and kissed Hannah awake, her small body stirring before her eyes fluttered open.

“I guess I must have fallen asleep,” She yawned and blushed.

“You’re so cute,” I laughed and kissed her again before finishing up our lunch plans. Elle had opted to stay at the studio, probably to avoid being the extra member to our group consisting of three couples. Harry and Liam still had to record and wouldn’t be joining us either. I felt uneasy by the fact they would be alone together since the tension between the three of them had not always been the most pleasant. I told myself countless times that it was their problem to handle and I shrugged it off in response. I gave one last look in Harry’s direction, catching his eye. I winked and motioned to Elle, hoping he would get the hint. Harry nodded in response and grinned back, I could tell he was in the zone already.

“C’mon guys, let’s go get some food!” I said before leaving Harry and Elle alone together. God only knows what they would get up to if given the chance.

 Harry’s p.o.v

 She was lying alone on the sofa; her long legs perched over the arm rest, toes pointed in her Vans. Her curls spread out around her as she played with her phone. I made my way over and leaned my hand on the rest above her head.

“Hi,” I grinned down at her as she tilted her head upward to look me in the eyes, a smile spreading across her heart shaped face.

“Hi.”

“Smoothie?” I lifted the cup in my right hand and shook it slightly, enticing her with the frothy liquid. Elle’s favorite drinks had always been the fruity ones and I could tell how bored she was, having to spend the day at the recording studio while her friends were at work or out to lunch with their boyfriends. The rest of the band and their girlfriends had decided to get a well needed lunch, leaving Elle, Liam and I alone while we recorded or verses.

Her black lashes fanned out over her cheek bones and her green eyes reopened to reveal the mischievous look I always loved seeing. “What flavour?” she asked softly as she lifted her leg to nudge the cup in my hand with her foot, displaying some of her very useful flexibility. She was so fit! I gulped slightly and grinned as I moved the cup from her reach.

“You’ll have to try it to see,” I smirked and took a seat on the opposite sofa from her. The pout on Elle’s face was adorable as she reached for the cup. I watched her take a sip and lick her lips. The grin spread as I watched my smoothie start to disappear. “I didn’t say you could have it all!”

“You offered! It’s mine now,” I lunged for the cup but missed as she darted away, cup still in hand. I jumped over the back of the sofa and chased after the fleeting curly haired girl holding my drink. Her screams filled the room as she laughed like a small child. She almost got away again but my hands grabbed her waist and stopped her from making a run behind the desk. Her body collided with my chest as her girly screech pierced my ears. I held her to me and began to tickle her sides mercilessly. She sank to the floor, plastic cup still firmly in her hands and lay on her back, trying to control her breathing. I watched as her chest heaved from my tickling assault and knelt down so I was straddling her hips, pinning her to the floor under me.

“You surrender? I promise I won’t tickle you again,” I held out my hand for the smoothie, but she retaliated by reaching her arms above her head and placing the drink on the floor as far from me as she could manage. I raised an eyebrow at the girl grinning from under me. Elle really had a feisty side, never wanting to give up. The smile on her face was infatuating as I pouted down at her. “Hand it over, please.”

“Take it, you have hands.” She breathed slowly, looking at me carefully. I leaned forward, supporting my weight with my right arm until I could take the straw in between my lips, sucking the pink liquid up. My eyes flew open as I felt her teeth lightly nibble then kiss the shirt covering my diaphragm. She was completely covered by me, but I wasn’t expecting anything of the sort to happen as a result of my actions. I sat up as stared down at Elle, unable to mask the shock and pleasure on my face. She didn’t realise it yet, but this was not the Elle who had forgotten me, this was the same fearless Elle I had explored every inch of, pushed the boundaries and limits of our relationship with. Under the amnesia and new found innocence was the strong woman I had fallen for. I was determined to make her remember me.

I gauged her reaction as I leaned forward again, different intentions in mind. This was it. I was going to kiss her. Test those boundaries like I had done so many times before with her. She bit her lip seductively as our faces were only inches apart, wanting the same thing as me. I took my time, indulging in the moment before the kiss we were about to share.

I closed the distance between us, our lips finally touching. It had felt so long since the last time I had kissed her and I had yearned for this every second. The kiss was soft and sweet, but quick to heat up. Her hands wound into my hair and gripped my curls firmly as I held myself up on my forearms. Her lips were soft and tasted like raspberry milkshake. It was all so familiar, natural. We were meant for each other. Our breaths were shallow as I pulled away from her lips to kiss her collar bones.

“Do you surrender now?” I mumbled against her skin.

“Yes, just keep doing that.” Her voice came out as small gasps as my lips travelled down and my hands up to the hem of her shirt, teasing the exposed skin. Her fingertips brushed the waist band of my jeans before sharply pulling on my belt. I gasped and kissed her fully again. This was the perfect moment. It felt like old times, stripping in compromising places and taking the time to just have fun with each other. Not a care in the world. Everything was perfect…

“Harry, you’re up.” A familiar voice shattered the moment and I sat back up, frustrated. My head snapped to where Liam stood and I got up reluctantly. I took one last look at the girl sitting crossed legged on the floor and marched off to the recording booth. Her hair was a mess and her shirt out of place, exposing her bra. I could barely hear the questioning nature of my band mate’s tone and the soft one of Elle’s voice from where I was currently standing, having walked down the hall in frustration. Why did this always happen? Just when things were starting to get good, they would just get cut off. It just wasn’t fair how we could never properly be together. I slammed the door to the studio, a war raging through my mind.    

 the end! hope you enjoyed! please leave your feedback and comments :) i love to hear what you think. HELLE OR ELIAM?? WHICH DO YOU SHIPP

Ella xxx

@imagineourhigh on twitter :)