Chapter 28: Wild

(Third Person)

About a week after the death of Jack Johnson, his funeral came. Guests arrived, gave their condolences to Andie, watched the coffin sink into the ground and left shortly after. It all seemed to be agonizingly slow to Andie, she didn't want everyone there. She just wanted Jack, she wanted it to be her and Jack with no one else there. She wanted to be as alone as she felt in her mind.

As the crowd faded, she was left in silence as she sink to her knees, resting her hand on the tombstone and tracing her hands over the engraved words. "here lies Jack Edward Johnson, beloved son, husband and brother" . Andie couldn't help but cry as she read the words over and over again. She couldn't believe he was gone. She sat on the damp dirt, her legs overlapping the one another as she rested her head on the stone, thinking back on all the memories she had with her love;

"....."You're so beautiful..." He whispered, sincerely pushing a piece of hair behind my ear. He slowly leaned in and kissed me. There were sparks everywhere and my knees weak.

And I swear I didn't hear the door open. "Awwww" We jumped apart from each other to see the girls and Jack G there.

"Awww are you guys together now"

"Sabrina get out!" I shoved the door in their faces. We looked at each other and laughed.

"Ummm, Andie...Can I ask you something?" I nodded. "I mean....I like you a lot and and...um"

"Jesus spit it out, Johnson!" I heard Gilinsky yell from the other side of the door.

"Will you be my girlfriend!?" Johnson spat out, blushing a deep red.

"Of course" I kissed him again....."

~

"....."I I think I love you" I smiled, blushing like mad. "Really?" I grinned.

"Yeah...I...I love you" He smiled, I grabbed his face and kissed him.

"I love you too, Jack"......"

~

"...."Thank you so much Jack" I say as we walked through the parking lot. "It's nothing babygirl" He smiled. We get to the car and pause for a moment. I wrap my arms around his neck and his around my waist as we hugged. "I love you" I whispered into the crook of his neck...."

~

"......I feeling him grab my arm as he pulled me into him. "Where do you think you're going?" He smirks playfully. I giggle as he wraps his arms around my shoulders. "I love you so much" He whispers...."

~

"........"Andrea Marie Landerson" He gets on one knee, pulling out a black velvet box. "Will you make me, not only the luckiest and happiest man on earth, but the best man for you are the best women...Will you marry me?" He opens the box to reveal a beautiful black diamond ring.

"You got it dude" I laugh....."

~

"....."I now pronounce you man and wife, you may now kiss the bride" the priest says. Jack smiles at me, grabbing my waist and pulling me into his chest, kissing me passionately. The music starts playing, cuing us to leave. We walk down the aisle as everyone claps, we get to the carriage where we head off towards the reception....."

She thought of every memory, every single one. Even the ones she though were insignificant at the time, how she took them for granted. "Oh Jack" She whimpers out, her hand caressing the tombstone. "Oh Jack, I...I love you so much" She sobbed, wrapping her arms around the stone as if she thought she was somehow going to feel it hug back. "I'm so sorry Jack" She didn't exactly know what she was sorry for...she was just sorry.

After a while, it started to rain...Andie pulled out a piece of paper from her pocket. The pocket of Jack's sweater which she had worn instead of the black dress. She wore the tribal print hoodie with the khaki shorts...Just like Jack did...

She straightened up, wiping her nose as she unfolded the paper. "I wrote a poem...I know you like when I read them to you" She told the tombstone. "I'm gonna read it, okay?" She asked as if she was expecting an answer she knew she wouldn't get. She looked at the paper, took a deep breath and began to read aloud.

"Weeping willow with your tears running down

Why do you always weep and frown?

Is it because he left you one day?

Is it because he could not stay?

On your branches he would swing

Do you long for the happiness that day would bring?

He found shelter in your shade.

You thought his laughter would never fade.

Weeping willow, stop your tears.

There is something to calm you fears.

You think death has ripped you forever apart.

But I know he'll always be in your heart." Andie paused for a moment, staring at the stone before speaking once more. "Did you like it?" She questioned, almost if she thought Jack would answer. "Jack?" She called aloud. "Jack, answer me...please" She sobs, pressing her hand to the stone

"God dammit!" She yells aloud, frustrated. She gets up, throwing the paper down and stomping to the car. She gets in the drivers seat, sitting in silence for a while. After 30 minutes of listening to the rain, Andie begins to sob uncontrollably, she screams, kicks and yells out but nothing makes her feel the comfort like Jack would. She starts the car, pulling out of the cemetery and speeding down the street.

Andie turns the radio on, Wild by Troye Sivan plays throughout the car and she begins to think about how her and Jack would listen to the song when cuddling. They would sing the lyrics to each other and laugh before telling one another "I love you" .

'White noise in my mind...won't calm down, you're all I think about..." Andie sobs, she's on the freeway now, going no where in particular. She thinks irrationally, making a decision without putting any deeper thought into it...she just wants Jack. She notices the lake she's over...

Andie swerves the car to the right, breaking the metal barriers of the freeway and plummeting downward. The car meets the water, sinking to the ground. Andie's world goes blank as her life flashes before her eyes and a bright light appears.

A week after the death of Jack Johnson, Andie Johnson killed herself...

The End.