Chapter Two

Chapter Two

~Mya’s P.O.V.~

“I’d let the girl go if I were you.”

A boy stepped out of the alley, and glared at the 2 men who were holding onto me.  The other man who slapped me, was now wide-eyed with fear.

“S-s-Seto Kaiba!” He studdered out.

The two men let me go, causing me to fall on my butt on the ground. And then they all ran off into the night.

I was shocked and sat there in disbelief.  Seto Kaiba just saved me. But why?

My thoughts were stopped when I felt strong arms place me back on my feet.

“Are you alright?”

I looked up into those blue eyes  once again today.

“Yes…I’m okay. I’m fine.” I answered back softly. My knees were weak from kicking away from those men, they gave out on me, So I fell once again. But I never touched the ground.

Kaiba had caught me in his arms.  And helped me on my feet again.

“Where do you live?”

“3 blocks away from here…” I told him quietly. “Why?”

“I’m taking you home.” He said, sternly.

Too stunned to answer back, I just nodded and followed him as he led me to his limo. I told is limo driver and bodyguard Roland where I lived and then the limo started to move.

Kaiba sat near one window while I sat by the other. His arms were crossed over his chest with his eyes glaring out the window.

When we got to the place I call home, I turned to Seto Kaiba.

“Thank you.”

“Don’t mention it. Seriously don’t. ” He stated coldy.

“Alright. If you say so..” I exited the limo. “Goodbye.”

He did’nt say a word, so I closed the limo door and stepped to the front of the door, and opened it with the keys.

As soon as I closed the door. I sunk to the floor with my bookbag in my arms.

Why did he save me? He was so caring at first but then he turned back to cold again. Strange…

I got up from the floor and sat on the couch, taking out my homework and waited for Diane to come home. I have to tell her what happened.

~1 week later~

~School~

It’s been a week since that incident has made a confusing expression of Seto Kaiba on me. From what I’ve witness between Yugi and his friends, Joey especially don’t really get along with him.

I can see why. He’s rude and insults Joey by calling him names. Even a “mutt.” But strangely enough he doesn’t hurl insults or mean words at me too much.  Maybe once in awhile but not often. 

Weird.

Anyways it was lunchtime, and we were all sitting at lunch. Yugi and the rest of the gang including Diane were talking about next week, which would be Halloween week.  All of them were coming up with ideas of what their costumes were gonna be. I on the other hand had no clue.

“Aren’t we a little too old to be dressing up in costumes?” I asked, with a slight smile. “I mean, are we going trick-or-treating or something?”