Chapter 22 Night at the Smiths'

"I'm falling. In a never ending hole. I feel the heat against my skin. My arms and legs burning. My skin is starting to bubble off me. I'm falling to my death. I'm falling into hell."

I wake up and Nathan is still driving. How far does his parents live out? "Morning, sunshine." He's holding my hand, bringing me back down to reality. "We're about ten minutes out. How are you feeling?" Feeling? I can't feel at all. I'm on the verge of a psychotic break, I'm having us move out to your parents, and my sociopathic ex boyfriend is at large. Nine. So, I guess everything is going swell. But instead of saying that, I just shrug, and look out the window. Nathan sighs out and squeezes my hand. "I love you. Never forget that, okay?" My frozen heart kind of thaws a little at his words. Despite everything, he's still here. No matter. I kiss his hand, and he smiles lightly. "I love you."

Eight.

Over the course of 5 months, everything had been running smoothly until now. We had a little authority problems, mostly me being bratty and challenging him, which resulted to trips to the basement. Those are always fun. I still have the marks from Christmas. I wish our days can be like that. Seven. But we had sweet days as well. Just to cuddle, make each other laugh. There were some times I would teach him to cook a full course meal. It didn't last that long because it would result in kitchen sex.  I got him into Supernatural, despite his protests, and he got me into Star Trek. It was a Yin-Yang balance. Six. I loved him. I just hate that I was hurting him. I hate that I'm hurting myself. Five.

He turns a corner, and I see a farm house. Four. "Your parents live out here," I asked. "Well my mom does. When my father works a case, he goes to his apartment out in the city." Wow, that should be nice. Three. Nathan looked excited about being here. I've never seen him so anxious though. Usually he's calm about things, but I guess he never expected me meeting his parents. Two. "Just to warn you, my mother can be a bit....over the top. Especially when I bring girls home." I laughed. "Trust me, I think I'll be okay."

One.

He smiles and kissed my hand. He pulls into the driveway, and it up close it looks like a mansion more than a farm house. "Welcome to the Smith residence." Aww cuuuuute.  He holds my hand, and we walk up the steps together. He unlocks the door, and we walk in. Instantly I feel like I'm in a Disney movie. Everything looks so polished and clean, you can basically eat off the floor. "Wow," I finally spoke up. "This is a lovely home, Nathan." He smiled and we heard another voice. "Nathan, is that you?" A short, stout woman comes down the stairs. Her and Nathan have the same eyes. I started to feel nervous, but Nathan's touch helped calm the nerves. "Mum, this is Delilah. Delilah, this is my mum." She smiled, which made me smile. She held my hand in hers and they were warm and welcoming. "It's finally nice to meet you, Delilah. Nathaniel has talked so much about you." I blushed and wonder what all he has told her about our relationship. "It's finally nice to meet you, Mrs. Smith. You have a lovely home." That's always the typical line when you meet your boyfriend's parents. "Please, call me Diane. Nathaniel are you sharing a room, or..?" It was Nathan's turn to blush. "Um yes, mother. We are. Delilah here is awfully scared of the dark." I squeeze his hand and he lets out a pain gasp. "Okay. Well, dinner will be ready in a few. Its nice to have you, Delilah." Diane walks off. "I hate you," I whisper to him. He looks down at me and squeezes my butt as he kisses my forehead. "Oh, I know my dear. But you still love me anyways." He lead me upstairs, and I blushed. "Only for your body and sex." He laughed out, and I knew what that meant. "Just wait till my mother leaves to go to her book club tonight."

I blushed hard and finally reached his room. "Man. I haven't been here in forever. Don't judge." I did my Girl Scouts honor fingers, and he kissed my nose lightly. We walked in and I was floored. There were a lot of posters. A lot. It put my room to shame. There was Muse, AC/DC, Linkin Park, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles. I could go on but I'm too speechless at the moment. "Wow. An English punk. Did you do the..." I motioned my hair, as a way of saying that he dyed his hair. He shook his head and smiled. "No. But I did do what you're doing." I looked at him confused, and he pointed to my nose. "Oh, my septum. No this is real." "So was mine." I looked at him like he was crazy. "What changed?" He sat on his bed, while I took the tour. "Mostly just age. When I wanted to become a lawyer, like my father, I knew I had to change it up. So I switched out septum rings for ties and band merch for suits. They're great confident boosters as while." I turned around and smiled. "I would have never guess you were like this." I walk towards him, and sit in his lap, straddling his waist. "I find it kinda sexy, as well." He rested his hands on my waist, and smiled. "My dear, are you trying to seduce me?" I grinned and kissed him softly. He made me feel so beautiful. "Maybe," I said as I got up. He laid back and groaned like a baby. "How dare you tease me, you siren? How do I live with you?" "Easily. You just do." He laughed until we heard his mother downstairs. "Nathaniel, dinner is ready!! Wash up." Nathaniel got up and went to his bathroom. I followed suit, and we both washed out hands. "You've been bad, kitten. Just you wait." He walked and left me feeling giddy. Being here kind of made me forgot why we were even here. I felt safe and secure. This is what I always wanted.

And I'll be damned if Daniel takes it from me.