Chapter 14 Paranoria At Its Best

I'm walking down the street, and ugh it's so beautiful out today. I'm humming "Hey There, Delilah" and I swear I act like it's the first time I heard it. When it first came out, my dad would play it on his guitar for me so I could sleep. Memories.

I brought some lingerie to tease Daddy with, and to surprise him when he gets home. I stopped at a farmer's market and decided to find some goods to cook tonight. "Maybe some pasta and garlic bread. Ohhh I can make apple pie with ice cream for dessert." One little fact Nathan doesn't know is that's what I majored in, in college: culinary arts. I smiled and picked up the ingredients, paid and headed to the loft.

I head in that direction until I feel something. I feel like someone was following me. I'm just being paranoid, but I look behind me just in case. No one. Delilah, stop. Daniel can't find me, even if he wanted to. I make it to the loft and I start to hear footsteps. I pick up the pace, and their pace as well. My heart was beating out of my chest, and I was petrified. I make it to the elevator, and smash the buttons like it's life or death. Hell, it IS life or death. Once I'm in, I scan the garage but there is no one there. The door closes and my heart slows down. It can't be him. Or can it be? My heart starts beating fast again and my vision is blurry. The elevator stops and I practically fall over on Nathan's door. I take a few deep breaths before I walk in. His loft is quiet and I love it. I put the stuff in the fridge and lay on the couch.

"Calm down, Dee. You're okay." I reassure myself that I'm fine and that nothing is going to happen. I look at my phone, and no messages. Awe. So I decide to take matters in my own hands. I snap a picture of myself and send it to him. He looks at the picture but no reply. I huff out and take another picture but just in my tank top. He looks at it and replies back. "No teasing. In a meeting." I smirk and giggle. That's code for "Do it again." I take off my clothes and put on his silk robe, which was heaven, and took a mirror pic and sent it to him. "Are you naked? Kitten this isn't fair." I laughed because it's fun to tease him and make him suffer. I take a selfie with one boob showing, and sent it to him. He sent an angry face that read, "Punishment. Tonight. Love you." Shit, I'm getting it tonight. I walk into his closet and slid one of his t shirts on, and I realize how short I am. He's 6"8 and now I feel like a child, and start swinging the sleeves. I look at the time. 2:30. A few more hours till he gets off. I lay down, and instantly feel sleepy. I lay on my side and cuddle with CB.(Cheeseburger for short). I look at the window, and hold back a scream.

Someone was out there. Standing. Staring. No. He found me. I fumble for my phone, nervously dialing 911 but once I look up, he's gone. I cry into my teddy bear, and squeeze him tight. How can I think that this was over?

It will never be over. Not till he's dead. Or worse.