Chapter 7

Thanks for reading! Good stuff in this chapter!! -xoxo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I decided to take a nap, sleeping away my frustrations was the only thing I could think of. I don’t even bothering taking off my shoes as I snuggle into my bed. I eventually drift to sleep. I find myself standing in fields of poppies; they are the only thing I can see for miles. The red blooms drift into the sunset horizon. I am all alone; there is a soft musical tone to the breeze like wind chimes. But there is nothing.

                “Hello? Is there anyone here?” I call out,

                I know it is dumb, but I have no idea where I am.

                I yell that out a few more times before giving up. I flop into the flowers, they miraculously support me like a mattress. I roll around in the bed of poppies amazed. They don’t bend or snap, and the petals are velvet to the touch. I laugh a little to myself; it is like nothing I’ve ever experienced.

                “Belinda, Belinda!” I hear a voice shout off in the distance,

                My head snaps over to see a dark familiar figure off in the distance. I pull myself clumsily up from the bed of poppies. I wave my arms; it must be someone I know. I begin to run; I hike my dress up to go faster. The person begins to run to me also. It’s John, I pause for a second. How could he get here? I didn’t see anyone in the distance. It’s like he just dropped out of the sky. He meets me in the middle.

                He breathes my name, I take his hands. I would normally ask what kind of crazy place is this. Or how did he get here? Or why I was here in the first place? But I didn’t all I wanted was him. And we pulled into an embrace. My brains turned to mush. All I could think about is him, the way he cupped my cheek and the feeling the sensation of running my fingers through his hair.

                And then I was snapped from that perfect moment. I awake in my bed hearing screaming outside. I jerk myself up, and dash to the door. There is sobbing, and banging on the heavy wooden door. I pull it open, my little neighbor Quinn is there. He, only a boy of ten years old stands there sobbing and an extraordinary amount of fear in his eyes. He grabs my wrist pulling me outside.

                “Quinn, what’s wrong?” I halt,

                He hiccups, “Felicia’s dead.”

                I gasp, Felicia was his older sister. I remember waving to her in church just today.

                “Where is she?” I demand,

                He wipes away his tears, “Mr. Grover found her by the big maple tree on his property.”

                He begins to sob some more, and gasps hungrily for air. I take the boy into my arms, he blubbers even more into my dress. I didn’t mind, he lost his world. Both of his parents were dead, and Felicia took care of him. What happened to her? She was such a nice girl. I pull the boy off of me; he gives me a dazed look. I kneel down to his level, as he was a small boy for his age.