The Tragic Heartbreak

So, it's been about two weeks since the whole Caroline thing and she still hasn't gotten used to the animal diet. Let's just hope she doesn't kill someone. Jeremy and I are back to the way we used to be and happier than ever. Currently, I am at the cemetery visiting Anna again and Jer tagged along with me. "So... how's the weather down there?" I said laughing slightly. Jeremy smiled to himself as he was leaning against a tree a few feet away. I placed new flowers onto her grave as I picked up the old ones and chucked them out angrily to nowhere. "Hey... it's gonna be okay" Jeremy said noticing my anger. He kissed the top of my head and held me, making my anger go away. "She deserved to live, to find her mother" I said pulling out of his hold. "Why couldn't it have been me?" I said looking at her grave. "Hey... don't say that" Jeremy said sternly, "You have so many people who care for you... we don't want to lose you" I looked at him, trying to calm down. "What about Anna? She only had me Jer, me! I was there for her through everything!" I said hiding my face in his hug. "Shhh. Just calm down okay?" Jer said soothingly. "I feel like visiting here is a mistake. I mean every time we come, I end up getting mad and... never mind. Can we go?" I said looking up at him. "Sure" he said taking my hand and leading me to the car. "Mrs. Salvatore" Jeremy said with a smile, "Will you do me the honors of being my date to the annual Fun Fair?" I smiled as I said, "I would be happy Mr. Gilbert" I laughed as we pulled out and left for the Gilbert house so he could get some more of his clothes.

"Hey Jenna" I said as we walked in. "Hey! Haven't seen you in a while!" she said hugging me. John walked into my view as Jenna turned around. "Amelia" John said with a nod. "Jack@$$" I said rolling my eyes at him. Jenna and Jeremy started laughing as John walked back into the kitchen. "Nice one" Jenna said smiling. "I feel bad, you have to take care of him" I said giving Jenna my sympathetic look. "I know... I wish I could just like, strangle him" Jenna said plopping down onto the couch. "Uh oh, Jenna don't get too feisty" I said sitting down with her. "I'll be down soon" Jer said heading upstairs. Once Jeremy closed his door, Jenna said to me, "So... what's going on between Jeremy and you?" I smiled as I said, "Nothing much. We've had our up's and down's, but for the most part, he's amazing" Jenna smiled as she said, "So have you guys had any s-" "Oh god Jenna! No!" I said interrupting her as I put my hands up in a stopping motion. "Okay, okay" Jenna said putting her hands up as she laughed, "Just trying to be a good guardian" she said laughing some more. "You gonna go to the annual Fun Fair that's in a few days?" I said changing the subject. "Nope, I wish but I have to take care of John" she said in disgust. "Just throw him in a river and watch him sink! No one will know" I said laughing. "It's fine" Jenna said as Jeremy came down the stairs. "I can still hear you!" John yelled from the kitchen. "I never said you couldn't" I yelled back at John. "Alright, well I better get back to him" Jenna said standing up. "Great to see you again Amelia" Jenna said hugging me. "You too" I said as she headed back to the kitchen. Jenna is literally like my mother. She's warm and caring and, she is my second home. "You ready" Jer asked me taking my hand in his. "Yeah" I said yelling bye to Jenna one last time before leaving with Jeremy. "Alright... want to go the Grill?" Jeremy said looking down at me. "Sure" I said hopping into the car.

We are now inside the Grill and they actually have karaoke now. Jeremy and I are listening to some guy sing and he's... awful. It's painful to listen to this, but he probably won't remember this anyways since he's drunk. "He's awful isn't h-?" I said stopping in the middle of it as Jeremy wasn't next to me. "Jeremy?"  I said looking around. "Alright, this song is dedicated to the beautiful Amelia Salvatore" someone said from the stage. I turned around slowly to find Jeremy staring at me from up on the stage. I smiled as I came up to the front of the stage. "I will be singing Rhythm of Love by the Plain White T's" Jeremy said as the crowd cheered and they put on the karaoke for it.

Once he finished the song, everyone clapped and cheered as he came to me and dipped me before crashing his lips onto mine. I smiled into the kiss before he stood me back up and smiled at me. "That's the only time I'm allowing you to do that... I don't do that dipping stuff" I said smiling up at him as I walked to the bar. "I never knew you could sing though" I said lying on top of the bar's counter. "Miss, you have to get off" the bartender said to me. I looked him in the eyes as I said, "No I don't... now get me a bottle of Bourbon... on the house" I looked back at Jeremy to see him smiling at me. I sat up and looked at him seriously before I asked, "So... what was with you and Bonnie a few weeks ago? When we talked about Caroline?" He looked down and back up to me as he said, "She um... she said she liked me" I looked down, not wanting to get mad at him as I said, "What did...um... what did you say?" I said breathing steadily, trying to calm down. "I... I said that I didn't know what I felt for her, doubt I even do" he said shrugging. "But I love you" he said looking me in the eyes. "Okay" I said sipping from the bottle of Bourbon. "You don't believe me when I say that I don't know what I feel... do you?" he said looking at me. "I want to believe you... but I see the way you look at each other...and..." I said as tears brim my eyes. "I don't want to lose you" I said hopping off the counter. "Amelia" he said as I walked outside.