My life in 1864

For the record, I do NOT own any of these characters BESIDES Amelia. All the characters are played by their original actors in the real TVD and Amelia will be...idk who will play her. I'll figure it out later. Hope you enjoy. oh and also, I probably won't add chapters to this story either. Sorry for being too lazy. Again, Hope You Enjoy :)!

We are born, we grow old, and then we die, right? Wrong. I have cheated death once in my boring teen-aged, drama filled life. I've been 18 for the past 149 years of my life because of a very idiotic woman name Katerina Petrova, or her modern name, Katherine Pierce. I've watched family, friends and towns die. I've just had to cope with the loss of that on my own. For those of you who don't know me, my name is Amelia Salvatore related to the famous Salvatore brothers. I guess you could call us the three musketeers even though Damon is a murderer and Stefan and I are apparently the only sane ones. Katherine Pierce goes back for more than one-hundred years before I was even born. My father, Giuseppe Salvatore, found her one day in the clearing of the woods all alone and afraid. Obviously not knowing what Katherine was, he took her in and welcomed our home to her. Damon and Stefan both worshipped at her alter falling head over heels for her no matter what the cost. My father acted upon Katherine like she was his daughter and never thought about me once in the process. I was greatly upset with Katherine's stay at our house and confronted her. You see, my father was one of the strongest anti-vampire leaders I have ever known, and I would know considering I knew all of them. I'm a master at devious plans considering I looked up to Damon as I grew up. He used to teach me the dollar trick with the fishing rod and I used to get in trouble all the time by father as the towns people were greatly in discomfort of my tricks. Anyways, one night I told my father about suspicious behavior from Katherine, which was a lie, and told him to lace everything with vervain. He disagreed with me though, considering Katherine was on his good side. So I took the matter into my own hands and did it myself. I laced everything and almost everyone I could find with vervain, including myself. Katherine wasn't around because she was with her friend Pearl and her daughter Anna at the ranch with the horses. Damon wasn't around because he was stalking Katherine in his discreet ways, and Stefan was eating breakfast with me at the table with vervain laced orange juice and scrambled eggs. If only he knew what I was planning to do tonight. I knew that Katherine had been seeing both of my brothers and compelling both of them to drink her blood every night. Katherine's hand-maid Emily Bennett was my secret spy. She was a witch who could take down anyone, anytime, anywhere and was the person doing my dirty work. She told me everything that has happened on her rides with Katherine. She even told me about my future, which was a crazy thought at that time.

Emily said that my future would be filled with heart-breaks, romances, friends and family. I actually never believed that of course so I just shrugged it off. I have always respected Emily as a friend, well more like a sister. She would always stick up for me in times of trouble with my father. Did I also mention that she gave me powers? Ya, so that means I am a hybrid. Part witch, part vampire. So anyways, Emily told me that Katherine was in Stefan's room and they were talking. I was sitting in my room which was right next to Stefan's. Though I couldn't hear exactly what they were talking about, I at least heard the choking and gasping of Katherine as she choked on the vervain after biting Stefan. I smiled my devious smile as my theory of her being a vampire was right. My father heard this too and ran up, as fast as his old legs could take him, into Stefan's room to see what exactly had happened. Stefan was trying to ask Katherine what had happened and as Katherine tried to choke out vervain, she collapsed and gasped for more air as our father carried her away in disgrace. She was then locked up with my best friend's mother Pearl. I knew that those three, (Katherine, Pearl, and Anna), where vampires, yet I never turned against Pearl and Anna. Emily was with Anna as she tried to cease Anna's cries.

I quickly ran over to Anna and she instantly flinched away. She then said in a terrified voice, "You, I thought you were my friend! You made them take my mother. You made them come after us. This is your entire fault!"I instantly froze not wanting to hear the cruel words spitting out at me. I turned to Emily which, in return, she turned to me. I replied to Emily, "Tell me how to fix this! I never wanted this to happen!" She said "You cannot undo what has been done, but you can do what hasn't. Remember that Amelia. I have to go, I will see you soon.""Don't leave me here! I need you! I need you!" I screamed loud enough to stop the crying of Anna.