Chapter 37: James

"James!" Albus cried, "We don't have our weapons! Or wands!"

"Where are the supplies?" Lily asked.

"Scorpius and Ginny have them," I replied.

"We're doomed!" Lily wailed.

They didn't know I had a few things hidden in my pockets. My filled flask and a wand.

Then the Fiendfyre parted momentarily before us and a figure stepped through. Adam Goyle. The way he came through closed behind him. "If it isn't the famous Potter family!" he said jovially, "We haven't properly met!"

"Oh, I know plenty about you!" Lily shrieked, "Like how you're a murderer, stark raving mad!"

"I am hurt," Goyle laughed mockingly, "Okay, this has lost its fun. Let's get it over with, I know I'll enjoy it. Maybe I'll make the Fiendfyre kill you. But why do that when I have the pleasure of doing it myself?"

"We've never even done anything to you!" Albus yelled.

"No, but the Dark Lord will reward me beyond measure if I finish you."

"He's the one who put you in here!"

He shrugged, "Doesn't matter. I knew I'd win from the start."

As I thought fast, I tried to find some way out of this. I knew Aguamenti didn't work with Fiendfyre. And I knew Goyle was too fast with his spell work for me to catch him by surprise.

"Who's the spy?" Lily suddenly asked.

Goyle smiled maliciously, "The spy? Oh, yes! The spy! What a great game this has been! The spy being in your midst but you never suspected the correct person once! You never know... Maybe they're here this very minute, eh Potter?"

"None of us would ever do such a thing!" Albus cried.

"Sure about that?"

I pulled out the flask. Lily began to question Goyle, no doubt stalling for time. "Albus," I whispered.

He turned around, "What?"

"Take this," I placed the flask into his hand, "Please."

Lily looked back at us and raised her eyebrows in question. "James, what—"

"Don't loose it," I told them, "Take them to the Pensieve."

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" Goyle and I yelled simultaneously.

And as I jumped in front of Lily and Albus, my only regret was that I couldn't be there for them anymore.

A jet of green hit me squarely in the chest.