Chapter 27: Lily

Despite everything, I had still been naive enough to believe that we would all survive this horrible ordeal. But I realized now that we, in fact, could die. Now it was clear to me. None of us were safe.

Hermione refused to leave Molly, throwing a heartbreaking tantrum. James gave up and we ended up stayed there.

"The hovercraft can't take her away when we're here," Hermione firmly insisted.

That night, only one face appeared in the sky.

~

The next morning, Molly's body was gone.

"They must've gotten her while we were sleeping," Hermione wailed. She seemed to mourn Molly the most, believing it was her fault she was dead.

James looked at her with sad eyes, "Hermione-"

She cut his sentence short by pressing her face into his chest. Ginny sniffled quietly.

"Lily?"

"Yeah?" I answered hollowly.

"What's going to happen to us?"

I replied truthfully, "I don't know, Ginny."

"How did those things find us yesterday, anyway?" Albus asked.

James pat Hermione on the shoulder and turned to look at his brother, "The fire."

"What fire?"

"Don't you remember? The smoke we saw yesterday, the one we decided to have a look at," James said bitterly, "It was a set up. A trap."

"So who-"

"Goyle's gang, no doubt," Scorpius replied, "Have you realized how many people are left?"

Albus shook his head.

"Fifteen. The four tributes who teamed up with Goyle, Jonas Boot, and the nine of us," stated Scorpius, "Not counting Boot, it's like the Games have been divided in between two teams. Boot is all by himself and doesn't have much of a chance, does he? So Goyle will probably go after him, then us, and he'll deal with his allies. At least, that's what I theorize."

"He killed her," Hermione said with an empty feeling, "He killed Molly."

"Well, technically, it was the tro-"

"SHUT UP!" Hermione screeched, "He killed her and you know it! I'll kill him. I'll kill all of them."

"Shush!" I half whispered, half yelled, "I hear something."

Brush. Rattle. Crack.

"Expelliarmus!" James's wand flew out of his hand.

Albus reacted quickly and pointed his wand at Gray, "Stupefy!"

"Crucio!" Scorpius yelled, pointing his wand at Kevin Jacobs.

As the fight went on, Goyle yelled mockingly, "Oi, Longbottom! How's Molly?"

How did he know? I thought.

I raised my wand, aimed for Goyle and was just about to Stun him when someone pushed me roughly back. Hermione stomped towards Goyle, her hair flying wildly.

"YOU FOUL, LOATHSOME, EVIL LITTLE COCKROACH," she screamed, "Avada Kedavra!"

Goyle dodged it expertly and it hit Ravenwood instead. He collapsed to the ground, but Hermione didn't seem to care. In fact, it seemed to make her even angrier. She fired continuous spells at Goyle, but none met their target. He stunned Ginny and continued to evade Hermione.

"FIGHT BACK!" Hermione shouted malevolently, "FIGHT BACK, YOU COWARD!"

He turned to her, his eyes glinting menacingly, "Avada Kedavra!"

Time slowed and I screamed, trying to reach Hermione before the spell hit, but I was too far. James reached her first.

Hermione fell to the side when he pushed her, James falling on top.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" James yelled, "You're going to get yourself killed!"

Goyle grabbed a sword and bounded into the forest, and the others, following his lead, snatched a pack, some knives, and some arrows and fled into the trees.

"Serpensortia!"

A great giant snake slithered from the trees, heading my way.

"Avada Kedavra," Scorpius said, and the snake collapsed limply.

Colin was sporting a bloody nose, Hugo had a black eye, and Ginny had a split lip.

"Everyone okay?" Albus asked.

"Yeah," I answered.

"That's it!" Hermione yelled, her voice cracking with frustration, "Let's just admit it! We all know!"

"Hermione, calm down," I said soothingly, "Know what?"

She threw her arms in the air, "The cave attack! The trap with the trolls and dementor and spiders when Molly-" her voice faltered, "And today! They always know where we are!"

"What are you implying?" Ginny's voice quivered slightly.

Hermione looked at each and every one of us carefully, as if studying us, "We have a spy, a traitor."

~

One of the few A/N's of this book. Didn't think I'd add any, but I'm curious. Who do you think the spy is? Comment any opinions you have and constructive criticism are welcome. That's about it. Wow, 27th chapter has first author's note. Okay, bye. (P.S. This story won't have too many authors notes unless I feel like they're necessary.)