Chapter 1: James

We had learned about the origins of the Hogwarts Games in school. But they were taught by Death Eaters, so I don't consider them valid. I guess things could be worse. He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named could have had Death Eaters teach every subject in the school. But he didn't. I guess he thought there was no need because we're all under surveillance every second of everyday.

Here, at Hogwarts, the only subjects taught by Death Eaters were what used to be Defense Against the Dark Arts, but is now just Dark Arts, and History of Magic. It's quite obvious why they're teaching us Dark Arts. So we can grow to be strong, loyal, powerful Death Eaters. And they've turned history of Magic into what should be called "Tainting the Minds of Children With Muggleborn Prejudice and Racism." At least, according to my father. I'd never known. Hogwarts was like that from the minute I arrived here. The Hogwarts we have now is the only Hogwarts I have ever known.

There is no Hogwarts crest. At least, to me there is none. But, officially, it's the Slytherin crest. The halls are draped in green. He allowed the four houses. But the only reason for that was so that the other three houses could bow down to Slytherin. I kind of feel bad for the Slytherin students. Well, I feel bad for the decent ones. I've seen people in the hall shoot every Slytherin student in sight a look of them a look of utmost loathing. They're not that bad, honestly. Okay, I maybe wouldn't go as far as to say that. But I know some Slytherins that I don't absolutely hate. I'd know. My brother is one.

The pureblood Slytherins were treated like royalty. The half-blood Slytherins were treated decently. As for the Muggleborn Slytherins (come on, you always knew they were there), well, it was 50/50. It was better than being a Muggleborn who wasn't a Slytherin. Life was like hell for them.

My father, my mother, my aunt, my uncle, basically, everyone who went to Hogwarts before nineteen years ago had told me that Hogwarts used to be amazing. Like a second home to them, despite all the homework. It was my dad's only home. I wish I could see Hogwarts the way it used to be.

Dad told me about the Mirror of Erised. My dad said that it showed you your deepest, most desperate desires.

And if I had a chance to look into it, I would see Hogwarts the way it used to be. The way it's supposed to be.