The Girl Who Changed The Alpha's Life Chapter 17

(Zeke's POV):

Avery is pregnant. I can smell it on her and when she had to go throw up, I knew it. Being an alpha's mate, the baby will develop really fast. Normal people carry for nine months and normal wolves carry for about three months, but alphas carry their young for as much as one month. But how long the baby wolf is carried depends on how powerful the alpha is. And by how strong Avery's scent is, she smells as though she could give birth any day now.

I'm scared to know how Avery will react when Anna tells her about the pregnancy. She could be happy or so mad she would leave me forever. My head pounds at just the thought of Avery leaving.

Avery and I are sitting on the sofa watching T.V, but I just can't chill out. I fidget with my fingers and my palms are all sweaty. My legs swing back and forth against the leather sofa, as my mind is on a frantic rage.

And now that I think about it, I should be the one to tell Avery of her pregnancy, not Anna.

Avery gives me a worried looking as I continue to fidget around. She puts her hand on my neck and rubs.

My muscles relax the moment my skin makes comes in contact with hers and I stop moving around.

"What's on your mind?" Avery asks with concern filling every word. "And don't you dare tell me nothing. There must be a reason for you blocking me out of the mind link and fidgeting so much."

I sigh and and shut my eyes for a moment.

"Avery you're pregnant." The words rush out of my mouth sooner than I can think through what I've said. My throat tightens and Avery is sending me a blank stare.

"What?" She asks. "I'm not pregnant Zeke. I would know before you, and we just did the dirty last night not last month," She says with a frown covering her face. "You just think that because I threw up this morning don't you?" She asks.

I return her frown and shake my head. "No Avery. You're my mate and do you know what that means?" She sends me a blank stare, which gives me my answer. "I sense things about you that you may not even know. And do you know what I am?" I ask as I take hold of her small fragile hand. "You're an alpha." She barely is audible as the small light whisper escapes her mouth.

"Yes Avery. And that means you'll only be pregnant for a week to a month depending on how powerful I am." I say quietly in her ear.

"Bu- but we used a condom," she says, still in denial. "Avery I am so sorry I didn't tell you, but the condom ripped."

---------

(Avery's POV):

'Why didn't he tell us?' Is the first thing my wolf asks me. 'Why don't you ask him yourself,' I tell her, frustrated. I feel her take over my body and all hell breaks loose. Otherwise known as my bitchy wolf.

She lets out a nasty snarl to Zeke and snaps at him, "Why didn't you tell us?" Zeke surprisingly cowers down to my wolf and replies to her. "I was afraid you would get mad and leave me." He lets his voice soften to calm my wolf and it seems to have the effect he was hoping for.

My wolf sinks back and my eyes have most likely changed back to their original color. My body becomes less tense and I lean up to Zeke and wrap my arms around him.

I can feel his muscles relax and I press my nose up to his broad shoulders. "I don't know if I'm ready for this Zeke," I say in a scared whisper. "I'll support whatever you want Avery," he says as he cups my cheek. "If you want the baby I would gladly except that. I would be overjoyed to have a pup with you. If you feel like you are not ready, I am ok with that also."

"Zeke do you mean to get an abortion?" I ask in shock and he nods in response. "If that is what you want." "I could never do that," I say looking down at my stomach that already seems slightly bigger. "It's murder."

"So you want to keep the baby?" Zeke asks with his face bright and his words slightly uplifting. "Yes," I say and smile.

"Do you think your mom will take care of the baby while we're at school?" Zeke asks.

"Of course. I have the best mom ever. She said she'll always be there for me, no matter my decisions. I think that she'll be there."

I stand up and out put my epic face on. "Were gonna have a baby!" I squeal.